Hopper 3 DVR Timer Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JHOLLAN

Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Kentucky
I have a timer setup on my Hopper 3 to record only new episodes of The Walking Dead. AMC is rerunning the series before the new episode Sunday night. It has marked episodes as reruns until Saturday at 11:30. At that point, it stops recognizing The Walking Dead in the guide. I have deleted the timer and reset the Hopper. If I create the new series timer just on the new episode, it refused to recognize it. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas? I have attached a picture of my guide.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
I have a timer setup on my Hopper 3 to record only new episodes of The Walking Dead. AMC is rerunning the series before the new episode Sunday night. It has marked episodes as reruns until Saturday at 11:30. At that point, it stops recognizing The Walking Dead in the guide. I have deleted the timer and reset the Hopper. If I create the new series timer just on the new episode, it refused to recognize it. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas? I have attached a picture of my guide.
Give it a few more days. Quite often when a program premieres new episodes it takes until about Thursday to pick it up.

This is one show I wouldn't get too worked up about missing a recording. This show replays multiple times and can always be recorded again if missed.

I'm seeing the same thing on my H3. The timer is set to record new. I've seen this for years on the Hoppers and the 722 in front of it. When I see it, I simply wait until the day before the showing and check again. It has always set to record by that time.

Reactions: JHOLLAN
It's possible there is a subtile change in the program title that's causing the new season to not be recognized.

If you see a episode from the new season, try creating a new timer based on that.

After x number of skipped episodes it will not list any more until the "older" one drop off the list. Your timer will show up as the actual day gets closer.

Hoppers have done this for a while now.
I see this on the 722 as well. If a timer has a lot of upcoming episodes, it will cut short the list at around 50 events. As upcoming events pass by more episodes will show up in the list. I have a Forensic Files timer that fills to about 50 events, but since the number of airings is so frequent, the timer only goes out a couple days in the future. New events roll in as old events roll out.

I see this on the 722 as well. If a timer has a lot of upcoming episodes, it will cut short the list at around 50 events. As upcoming events pass by more episodes will show up in the list. I have a Forensic Files timer that fills to about 50 events, but since the number of airings is so frequent, the timer only goes out a couple days in the future. New events roll in as old events roll out.

I saw that yesterday on my HWS, and was troubled. But then I saw ALL the repeats over the days before and checking out Scheduled Recordings, saw it was at 50. So for the moment I'm assuming it will clear up once some of those Repeats get "officially" skipped.

As for future airings of TWD, any real fan knows that's unacceptable to wait until later in the week and it has to be seen on Sunday, along with Talking Dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts