Hopper 3 endless rebooting

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
It has been doing this for several hours, I did the soft reset using the red power button, did the hard reset by unplugging the receiver for a few minutes. After the Hopper 3 splash screen it displays Starting Up 9999 then reboots again and so on.

Anyone know what this is?

It has been doing this for several hours, I did the soft reset using the red power button, did the hard reset by unplugging the receiver for a few minutes. After the Hopper 3 splash screen it displays Starting Up 9999 then reboots again and so on.

Anyone know what this is?

Is the light on the front of the Hopper continuously blinking? When you performed the hard reset by unplugging the power cord, were you able to bypass the surge protector (if it's plugged into one)?

This happened to us today.
Early adopter here.
Had this Hopper3 since 31Jan2016.
Added service coverage.
'Chat' with Dish.
Worked through 'Resolution' step with DishRep.
Requested service call due to Hopper3 down, Whole Home Down.
Scheduled for Noon delivery.
:)

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

New Hopper 3 working great,
Dish Anywhere seems to be more responsive.
Going thru menus adjuating settings.
Signing into netflix.
Gave HomeMedia a try AND surprise, surprise...
full size pic,
Not top/right thumbnail.
Yeah.
software U348
Aplication software AN270a

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: DWS44
We are also experiencing this same Hopper3 rebooting issue. We are on our 3rd unit. I see several threads discussing this problem. Can anyone tell me how their issue was finally resolved.

We are also experiencing this same Hopper3 rebooting issue. We are on our 3rd unit. I see several threads discussing this problem. Can anyone tell me how their issue was finally resolved.
Many times it's a heat issue, in a small enclosure....I am not familiar with the Hopper 3 high failure as your describing....It sure was for my VIP922!

Trouble seeing how it could be heat. It's sitting on an open shelf below a coffee table with open ventilation front, rear, top and sides. Power through a brand new surge protector and direct to the wall both. Maybe I need a UPS?

Trouble seeing how it could be heat. It's sitting on an open shelf below a coffee table with open ventilation front, rear, top and sides. Power through a brand new surge protector and direct to the wall both. Maybe I need a UPS?

A UPS would definitely be what I would try next. :)

My H3 rebooted 4 or 5 times in an evening, disconnected EHD and problem stopped.
With the first 2 units, I had an EHD connected, permanently with #1 and just briefly with #2. Never with Hopper #3.
I was hoping that was the issue. But terribly disappointed when #3 started acting up.

Status update. Tech Svc visit. Turned Bridging off since we have no Joeys. Shifted to wifi instead of Ethernet (tech says they have seen problems with Internet being too fast? )
Two hours later the resets started again.
Looks like we're heading towards Unit #4.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Status update. Tech Svc visit. Turned Bridging off since we have no Joeys. Shifted to wifi instead of Ethernet (tech says they have seen problems with Internet being too fast? )
Two hours later the resets started again.
Looks like we're heading towards Unit #4.
LOL, too fast Internet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)