Hopper 3 External Drives

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JerryDowning

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
NE Illinois
I have a few questions about attaching external drives to my Hopper 3.
1.) What is the largest drive that I can use?
2.) How many drives can be used at the same time?
3.) Can I use folders on EHDs?
4.) What RAID types, if any, can I use? My wife would not be happy if a drive failure blew away her movies.

Dish EHD OS recognizes external drives up to 2 TB. Some have reported success with larger drives others have reported lack of success, must have its own power supply..
Hopper 3 can recognize 2 EHDs.
Folders, not on the EHD.
I believe RAID 1 is supported.

I have 3 EHDs on my Hopper 3. Most times they are all recognized. Every so often, the 3 are recognized but some recordings are not. A reboot is needed to get them to be playable.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yep. No more “EHD 1” or such. Many of us know this is an easy fix. I gave up hope. And a directory of EHD contents would be nice. Printable.

I started programming in Mint a program to list EHD contents. Not hard. Just LS/list and read the first few characters. I don’t remember the exact setup. Then I could move it to Windows.

But I have no time. I must be in the office ten hours a day. Plus commute. I realized this project won’t get done until I retire. And it might be OBE by then.

Sigh.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)