Hopper 3 hogging internet bandwidth.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I have 20 meg DSL, which is plenty fine for my needs, but recently I have been getting speeds closer to 3 meg, and a VERY slow internet. I tracked it down to the Hopper. As soon as I disconnected the Hopper 3 from the internet, speeds shot back up above 20, as per 2 test sights.

No one was watching Netflix (through the Hopper), or even watching any TV. What would the Hopper be downloading that hogs so much bandwidth? It has been going on for weeks, if not longer.

Reactions: LQQK
Mine does not do this. I track the network utilization of all my devices, and only see the Hopper doing anything significant if Netflix is playing or On Demand. Have you tried resetting the Hopper?

Mine does not do this. I track the network utilization of all my devices, and only see the Hopper doing anything significant if Netflix is playing or On Demand. Have you tried resetting the Hopper?

Same here. I've got a Hopper 3 connected to a Viasat network and the usage very low.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)