Hopper 3 in RV

Low Timer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Good morning. I recently upgraded to the Hopper 3 and have a couple questions concerning it's use in a RV. I upgraded from two 722k receivers and would take one from the house when I used our RV. I'm on the eastern arc and have a 1000.4 & 1000.2 antenna I keep in the RV in case one arc is blocked by trees from our camping spot or locals are on a different arc. When I upgraded, my 1000.4 antenna at home was replaced with a 1000.2 using a DPH LNB. I would assume I no longer need to carry the 1000.4 dish, correct? Next, if I purchase eastern and western DPH LNBs for the 1000.2 dish, will these two new LNBs mount to the same DIsh arms as the old DPP LNB? I plan to travel with the Hopper 3 and a wireless Joey, am I correct that a solo hub would not be needed and the single antenna cable connected directly to the Hopper 3 since I would be using a wireless Joey?

I appreciate the help. The RV is stored a couple hundred miles away and want to acquire the needed equipment before I leave home.

Thanks

As long as you are using a wireless Joey, you do not need a hub at all. Single wire from the dish to the H3. The hybrid LNBs will mount to the 1000.2 dish just fine....

As long as you are using a wireless Joey, you do not need a hub at all. Single wire from the dish to the H3. The hybrid LNBs will mount to the 1000.2 dish just fine....

Thank you very much for the information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts