Hopper 3 Interface and 52.0 Remote Buttons

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
Just got my new H3 and there are a few things I couldn't figure out...

First, on the new 52.0 remote, there doesn't seem to be any Format button in the bottom-left corner under the number 7, like there was on the old 40 remote. In fact, I had to use the old 40 remote to select the "Stretch" and "Partial Zoom" functions for increasing the picture size on the non-HD channels. Is there another button or way to do this on the 52 remote? Clearly the option to change the picture format is still present on the H3 itself, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it with the 40 remote.

Also, on the DVR screen, when I'm looking at a show that has multiple episodes recorded, is there any way to change the episode number sorting order from descending to ascending, like it used to be on the H1 and H2? I tried the Options button, but it only lets me choose between "Season, Episode" and "Recorded Date". Nothing on changing the episode # order itself.

If you use the "OPTIONS" button while watching live TV, there is a "DISPLAY FORMAT" (#6 on that menu) that will get you where you want to go. This is one of a number of functions that require more key presses using the 52.0 remote as opposed to the 40.0. One reason why I like to keep and use both.
Also, as far as I know, there is no way to change the order in which the episodes display (other than by episode or recording date)

Reactions: DialgaChampion
Just got my new H3 and there are a few things I couldn't figure out...

First, on the new 52.0 remote, there doesn't seem to be any Format button in the bottom-left corner under the number 7, like there was on the old 40 remote. In fact, I had to use the old 40 remote to select the "Stretch" and "Partial Zoom" functions for increasing the picture size on the non-HD channels. Is there another button or way to do this on the 52 remote? Clearly the option to change the picture format is still present on the H3 itself, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it with the 40 remote.

Also, on the DVR screen, when I'm looking at a show that has multiple episodes recorded, is there any way to change the episode number sorting order from descending to ascending, like it used to be on the H1 and H2? I tried the Options button, but it only lets me choose between "Season, Episode" and "Recorded Date". Nothing on changing the episode # order itself.
Usually the first comment is "where's the record button". Keep the 40 nearby....... :)

If you use the "OPTIONS" button while watching live TV, there is a "DISPLAY FORMAT" (#6 on that menu) that will get you where you want to go. This is one of a number of functions that require more key presses using the 52.0 remote as opposed to the 40.0. One reason why I like to keep and use both.
Also, as far as I know, there is no way to change the order in which the episodes display (other than by episode or recording date)

Thanks! Takes time getting used to where they moved everything...

Usually the first comment is "where's the record button". Keep the 40 nearby....... :)

Now that you mention it... :p

Actually I found that out the other day when I decided to randomly hit Select just to see what would happen. Only thing that was annoying was my timers wouldn't transfer over, even though I backed them up to the 40 and then used the H3 restore option, so I had to manually re-create all of them, but some channels aren't currently airing the shows I want to record, so I have to keep tabs now on when they begin showing them again, so I can create a timer for them.

Actually I found that out the other day when I decided to randomly hit Select just to see what would happen. Only thing that was annoying was my timers wouldn't transfer over, even though I backed them up to the 40 and then used the H3 restore option, so I had to manually re-create all of them, but some channels aren't currently airing the shows I want to record, so I have to keep tabs now on when they begin showing them again, so I can create a timer for them.
I'll look.....I think it's 4 or 5 levels down

Give me a show name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)