Hopper 3 Intermittent Video/Sound

srheug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
oregon
For the past 2 weeks the Video and Sound on my Hopper3 keeps shutting off. Will stay of for 2-15 seconds then come back on. The Hopper is not shutting off the HDMI output is just intermittently shutting off. I have tried all the normal things. Red button reset, Unplug the power cord, bypass my surge protector, Try another outlet, Try a different HDMI cable, bypass my AVR, try a different input on my TV all to no avail.

This is intermittent it my not happen all night but then may do this 5-10 times in 10 mins. or do it all night and then go for hours and not do it. I called DISH customer support last night and their response was to try using the component output. Whether that works or not, that's not the problem. The problem is the HDMI output is not working. They will not replace my Hopper until a tech comes out. This is an intermittent problem and my not do it when the tech comes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

A tech is scheduled to be here Saturday morning

We may need to continue to troubleshooting as the technician would not be able to replace equipment if they are not able to duplicate the issue.

Have you checked to see if the same issue occurs when using another device through a different Input such as DVD player or a game console?

We may need to continue to troubleshooting as the technician would not be able to replace equipment if they are not able to duplicate the issue.

Have you checked to see if the same issue occurs when using another device through a different Input such as DVD player or a game console?
Yes, I have tried my dvd player through both my AVR via HDMI to the TV with no problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts