hopper 3 issue

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hi all. Dish told me that the hopper 3 does not currently work???
am I only supposed to run one line from the LNB to the HUB. my previous install had 2 lines going to a solo node. I am confused because on the hybrid eastern arc LNB it has a 1, 2 , and LNB in.
I ran swithch test and it hangs up with no progress. I calld up dish and they said they didn't even know if it is even possible to use this receiver.
lost I am

Reactions: gpflepsen
Hi all. Dish told me that the hopper 3 does not currently work???
am I only supposed to run one line from the LNB to the HUB. my previous install had 2 lines going to a solo node. I am confused because on the hybrid eastern arc LNB it has a 1, 2 , and LNB in.
I ran swithch test and it hangs up with no progress. I calld up dish and they said they didn't even know if it is even possible to use this receiver.
lost I am
please post pictures of your new Hopper 3 :)

The line going to the hopper needs to be on the 1st port on the dph lnb.

Don't believe you'll have much luck trying to activate at this point. It's not ready yet for us minions.

There is a thread on here with wiring diagrams. The cable goes from the first port on the LNB to the hub.

Dish can't activate it because it technically hasn't been launched yet. It doesn't exist in Dish's system.

Congrats on being #1! Follow the above advice from scherrman.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

thank you, I did see the wiring diagram and was still confused:). and the problem also was that I was not able to do a switch test and that's when I contacted dish, and they said it could not be activated. this is strange to me. so at this point in time I have a receiver I can not use.
.....oh well

thank you, I did see the wiring diagram and was still confused:). and the problem also was that I was not able to do a switch test and that's when I contacted dish, and they said it could not be activated. this is strange to me. so at this point in time I have a receiver I can not use.
.....oh well

Should've been following along on here the last couple days. A few people have ordered Hopper 3 receivers and they arrived today.

There has not been an official launch date for the Hopper 3 so it can't be activated. I don't know why it's out but it should not be in customer's hands yet.

Haha thank you, the ones you posted are great. Mine left Texas yesterday. They just might reach Arizona by tonight. Now if dish could officially launch, lol.
Who has them in Texas? Just curious as to what other retailers are shipping currently.

Haha thank you, the ones you posted are great. Mine left Texas yesterday. They just might reach Arizona by tonight. Now if dish could officially launch, lol.
Who has them in Texas? Just curious as to what other retailers are shipping currently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)