Hopper 3 Keeps recording the same movie.

chris sawtelle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
usa
When I go to the guide and select a movie that comes on later in the evening and select record it sets it as a series and sets to record all new and reruns. I have watched this and if I don't change the timer to "once" it records every occurrence of the movie.
Why would it set a movie on HBO as if it were a series on food network?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reactions: MitchDeerfield
Find that show in DVR>Timers and either Delete it or Edit it to only record New shows only.
Yes but it is a pain to have to do this every time you set something to record. It would be one thing if it was actually a "series" type event but why does it select this for a movie instead of selecting "once"?

When I go to the guide and select a movie that comes on later in the evening and select record it sets it as a series and sets to record all new and reruns. I have watched this and if I don't change the timer to "once" it records every occurrence of the movie.
Why would it set a movie on HBO as if it were a series on food network?

Thanks for any thoughts.
I discovered this a while back by accident....... what I found is that it only happens (when it isn't supposed to) when I select "Record This" inside of the movie info using the Program Guide. If I press the (Red) "Record" button (40.0 remote) it doesn't happen.

I discovered this a while back by accident....... what I found is that it only happens (when it isn't supposed to) when I select "Record This" inside of the movie info using the Program Guide. If I press the (Red) "Record" button (40.0 remote) it doesn't happen.
I think this is what I am getting also after some experimentation. I have tried backing out of the info screen and then press select and select record and it goes to "once".
I did find if you select record in the info screen and then when it pops up the little box at the bottom right corner --- press select again quickly and you get the options menu and can set it to "once".
Thanks for the info, at least it isn't just my receiver doing it! It seems there are a number of bugs in this one still.

I just tried this from the guide. I hit select, to record a movie. Then selected "record this". Then hit select again and clicked "edit timer". When I did, record "once" was selected by default. Is that what you have found?

I just tried this from the guide. I hit select, to record a movie. Then selected "record this". Then hit select again and clicked "edit timer". When I did, record "once" was selected by default. Is that what you have found?
When I do it that way - yes. I was selecting record from the info screen and that is where I noticed that it defaulted to series - new & reruns even though it was a movie.

So, for now the process is to back out of the info screen to the guide page and then hit select and record.

Thanks for the input all.

When I do it that way - yes. I was selecting record from the info screen and that is where I noticed that it defaulted to series - new & reruns even though it was a movie.

So, for now the process is to back out of the info screen to the guide page and then hit select and record.

Thanks for the input all.

I actually first discovered this one day when I was trying to clean up the ridiculous number of timers I had accumulated. I noticed that most of my movie-timers had already recorded and then I saw the "New & Reruns" rather than "once". I wondered "what the......?" I did some experimenting and discovered that I was unknowingly creating "Series Timers" for most of my movies, and found that it was only happening when using the Program Guide. Hopefully the Dish techs will pick up on this (or have already). If you record a lot of movies and are not aware of this little glitch, you could run out of them (timers) in a hurry.

I actually first discovered this one day when I was trying to clean up the ridiculous number of timers I had accumulated. I noticed that most of my movie-timers had already recorded and then I saw the "New & Reruns" rather than "once". I wondered "what the......?" I did some experimenting and discovered that I was unknowingly creating "Series Timers" for most of my movies, and found that it was only happening when using the Program Guide. Hopefully the Dish techs will pick up on this (or have already). If you record a lot of movies and are not aware of this little glitch, you could run out of them (timers) in a hurry.

That's how I found it. I was wondering why movies had repeat recordings.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Chris, I see what you are saying now. I came up with the same results selecting record from the info page. And that small pop up window that appears at the lower right of the screen that is only there for 2 seconds that says new and reruns will be recorded.

I did exactly that today when I set up a recording of The Transporter. It set up New and Repeats.... I went into Timers and edited that to Once.

Chris, I see what you are saying now. I came up with the same results selecting record from the info page. And that small pop up window that appears at the lower right of the screen that is only there for 2 seconds that says new and reruns will be recorded.
Yup and if you hit select quick enough you can change it but kind of a pain.

Got the new "40" remote and it is the 186228!! It synced in a second and works perfect for what I need for the bedroom, second TV. I like this style for use "in the dark" it is real easy to know what button is what by feel, especially after using the 32 for so long. Looks like it came straight out of the Hopper box still in its sealed bag with stickers and docs. Good deal from Amazon.

Thanks for the help and info getting a second remote going!!!!!

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts