Hopper 3 Missing Guide Data/Stopped Recording (1 Viewer)

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
My guide is incomplete. PTAT didn't work tonight or any of my other timers. I have rebooted twice. Any way to force a guide download? I haven't pulled the power plug yet.

Ideas are appreciated.

Reactions: bspei

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Did that and it didn't help. Every time I try to create a timer, I get 'Timer Creation Failed'.

After it reboots you have to leave the Hopper and all connected Joeys turned off or in standby for about a half hour or so and the guide should download.

Reactions: charlesrshell

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Nothing positive happened until the late overnight (when it finally grabbed guide data). After 30 minutes, it still had nothing, but I banked on it updating overnight. It seems okay.

I have to wonder why it wouldn't record anyway. It would be smarter to capture PTAT whether it had the guide data or not. In fact, I couldn't even create timers for shows that actually showed properly in the guide.

Maybe someone will see this and get it fixed in a future revision. I wish it would just tell me 'The guide needs to be refreshed. This will take 10-15 minutes' and give me a yes/no dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts