Hopper 3 moca network question

xan326

Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
USA
Before I get into it, I'm new to moca networking, so I don't know the limitations of it.

My family has been looking to upgrade to Hopper 3 with a couple of 4k Joeys, so I've done some looking around and saw that they're using moca networking between the Hopper and Joeys. We have cable internet from a local isp, and they're also offering moca for in-home networking, and we've been thinking about doing it to fix dead areas with our wifi network.
My question is, is there a way to somehow combine the two moca networks to reduce the amount of cabling and devices? I can't seem to find any information on this.
Basically, I have my modem/router where the Hopper is going to be, and I need a router where one of the two Joeys are going to be.

The moca the h3 uses communicates over the coax cable that the receiver/boxes connect to.

If you have problems with dead WiFi areas you might want to consider one of the new mesh router systems. I set up a google WiFi system in our Church and it works really well with no additional wiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)