Hopper 3 MultiView

vttvwatcher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
in a house
I'm having problems using the "Multiview" option on Hopper 3 "Picture in Picture" feature … this has been an issue for at least 2 or 3 months ….

One of the 4 squares remains active--the other 3 become frozen … audio remains in-tact on all squares--and I can switch between the frozen squares and hear current audio on all of them … it happens regardless of DVR'd material, or fully live programming

When I exit the PiP option, I get a full screen of digital noise/pixilated graphics/multi-color vertical lines all over the screen ...

The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the receiver … I get the same result after a reboot when trying the PiP option again (resulting in another reboot to fix it) ...

It only happens on the 4-square Multiview option -- the side-by-side, and "box-in-in-the-corner" options are fine ...

I am up to date on my Hopper 3 receiver software (U542) ...

Any thoughts??

I'm having problems using the "Multiview" option on Hopper 3 "Picture in Picture" feature … this has been an issue for at least 2 or 3 months ….

One of the 4 squares remains active--the other 3 become frozen … audio remains in-tact on all squares--and I can switch between the frozen squares and hear current audio on all of them … it happens regardless of DVR'd material, or fully live programming

When I exit the PiP option, I get a full screen of digital noise/pixilated graphics/multi-color vertical lines all over the screen ...

The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the receiver … I get the same result after a reboot when trying the PiP option again (resulting in another reboot to fix it) ...

It only happens on the 4-square Multiview option -- the side-by-side, and "box-in-in-the-corner" options are fine ...

I am up to date on my Hopper 3 receiver software (U542) ...

Any thoughts??

If you're on the eastern arc and if you put a standard definition channel in either of the top two quads you will see exactly what you described. The fix is to make sure there are no SD channels in either of the top two quads.

This has been the same way since MultiView was introduced so I don't expect a fix anytime soon. :)

Programming in all quads is HD when this occurs … and for the first two years that I've had my Hopper3, it worked fine--it's only in the past several months that it became an issue ...

Wondering if maybe this was another instance where a software 'upgrade' became a 'downgrade' ...

Programming in all quads is HD when this occurs … and for the first two years that I've had my Hopper3, it worked fine--it's only in the past several months that it became an issue ...

Wondering if maybe this was another instance where a software 'upgrade' became a 'downgrade' ...

Yea, OK. I guess it's just a coincidence that what you described is the exact same thing that happens when you put an SD channel in either of the top two quads.

My MultiView works fine on several receivers as long as I don't put any SD channels in either of the top two quads so apparently a software change isn't what causes your problem.

I use M-V Every Day. In the morning & evening for Local News (2) ESPN & A Bussiness Station). Saturdays & Sundays-->Sports, Sports & More Sports!
M-V is my favorite feature & one of the reasons I'm struggling with Cutting the last strand in the cord.

I use the D-Pad (L-R-U-D) to jump from Panel to Panel, sometimes it quits working, then the jump command goes to my Last Channel Button (Odd). I have to leave M-V then reactivate and also have to reselect the Channels I want in each panel. This happens maybe 3-5 times a week.

It loses sound frequently while in M-V. I'll jump to another panel, it may or may not have sound. IF I keep jumping around and pause, eventually the sound returns or push Select the sound returns then push Recall it returns.

Frustrating?... Yes, I have to put up with it & my battle with the Guide which is always Frozen at Start-Up and Freezes while in M-V Everyday!!!

I use M-V Every Day. In the morning & evening for Local News (2) ESPN & A Bussiness Station). Saturdays & Sundays-->Sports, Sports & More Sports!
M-V is my favorite feature & one of the reasons I'm struggling with Cutting the last strand in the cord.

I use the D-Pad (L-R-U-D) to jump from Panel to Panel, sometimes it quits working, then the jump command goes to my Last Channel Button (Odd). I have to leave M-V then reactivate and also have to reselect the Channels I want in each panel. This happens maybe 3-5 times a week.

It loses sound frequently while in M-V. I'll jump to another panel, it may or may not have sound. IF I keep jumping around and pause, eventually the sound returns or push Select the sound returns then push Recall it returns.

Frustrating?... Yes, I have to put up with it & my battle with the Guide which is always Frozen at Start-Up and Freezes while in M-V Everyday!!!

The OP specifically asked about the lock up and digital hash that happens when you're on the eastern arc and you put an SD channel in one of the top two quads. That's the only MultiView problem that I know of that requires a reboot to fix.

The other little things like temporary audio loss are easily fixed by pressing the skip back button or changing quads and are IMHO very minor annoyances.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Those are the exact two problems I have. (well add a third very minor. Quite often, the quadrant I am leaving will "pause" and won't restart until I come back to that quad and press 'select'.

When the select/move quits working, I have to do the same as you. Get OUT of M/V to a different PIP. But the odds are 50/50 that that is when the M/V crashes.

Reactions: LQQK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts