Hopper 3, need a phone line solution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdvaughn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Just got the Hopper 3 and we don't have any phone jack anywhere near the hopper/TV. There are tons of those wireless phone extenders online, do these actually work? Is there a particular brand to buy?

We just miss the Caller ID on the TV is all... :)

thanks in advance!

If you miss the Caller ID function on the TV, what did you have for a receiver before and how did you feed the phone line to it? That said, Pat has lead you in the right direction.

If you miss the Caller ID function on the TV, what did you have for a receiver before and how did you feed the phone line to it? That said, Pat has lead you in the right direction.

We just moved... had the 722 before and had a phone line where I could plug it into the DVR, don't have a phone line anywhere near the TV in our new house

Reactions: Bobby
I've never used any of these before. Do you have recommendations for brands or types? This would be all new to me.

I showed that one - more expensive than some others, but ratings are good, as opposed to some cheaper ones. Just do a search and check ratings, mine were from some years ago.

I showed that one - more expensive than some others, but ratings are good, as opposed to some cheaper ones. Just do a search and check ratings, mine were from some years ago.

You "showed" that one? I don't see anything there?

I've never used any of these before. Do you have recommendations for brands or types? This would be all new to me.

I'm sorry, I had my Ad Blocker on. Sorry Satellite Guys! Thought I turned it off here...

thanks for the help!

Satellite Guys has a deal with Amazon, they get a little back if you buy from the ad. That's why links to Amazon show up as ads. You help support the site if you use the ad link.

I had one of these phone jack extenders and used it on my 622. However, when I upgraded to the HWS it would no longer work. There was a slight buzz on the line that the 622 handled just fine but the HWS is apparently more sensitive to this small amount of line noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts