Hopper 3 Netflix 5.1 audio

Are they gonna somehow make the Hopper w Sling capable of 5.1? As much I like what's being said about the new Hopper, the new 2 year contract will hold me back from upgrading. The two Hoppers I now have suit my needs fine.

Are they gonna somehow make the Hopper w Sling capable of 5.1?
This is completely speculation on my part - as the Hopper 1 and 2 both support DD 5.1 for Dish programming, I would guess that the chipset supports it. Why Netflix doesn't support it is strange, though it could be for complex reasons.

I have a screenshot of the 'system details' screen of the Hopper's Netflix software and this is from memory, but they have either not updated the s/w since the initial release or maybe there was just (1) update.

As much I like what's being said about the new Hopper, the new 2 year contract will hold me back from upgrading.
Same here - 5.1 support on Netflix won't make me upgrade. 4K support obviously won't either as we don't have a 4K TV. The faster performance is enough for me though.

Reactions: D. Manley
It's nice being out of contract. What if something else comes along that I like better? I know the new Hoppers is hard to beat, but what if?

As far as the 5.1 Netflix and other apps on the new Hopper, my PS3 takes care of my needs. It's just a inconvience with the remote and switching inputs makes it a little of a hassle.

My next TV will be a 4K. But for now I'm happy with my 52" Sony. Next one will be a 65". And the boy will be out of college. I'll have some extra cash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)