Hopper 3 not available in my area

hbilt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
biscayne park(miami,Fl)
Just called dish to upgrade my equipment in south Florida. I would like a Hopper 3 for 4 or 5 tv, one 4K . I was told they are waiting for a new switch before they can install in my area.
Any idea what they are talking about. I now have 3 separate dishes for 110, 119, 129. I think my dpp 44 is going bad. 2 of the 4 connections to sat. boxes no longer work.

Just called dish to upgrade my equipment in south Florida. I would like a Hopper 3 for 4 or 5 tv, one 4K . I was told they are waiting for a new switch before they can install in my area.
Any idea what they are talking about. I now have 3 separate dishes for 110, 119, 129. I think my dpp 44 is going bad. 2 of the 4 connections to sat. boxes no longer work.
It is the 3 separate dishes that are the cause of your delay. Today Hopper 3 needs a hybrid LNB setup and that can only go on one dish. When the new 42 switch is released, I hear it is in testing at the moment, You will be good to go.

It is the 3 separate dishes that are the cause of your delay. Today Hopper 3 needs a hybrid LNB setup and that can only go on one dish. When the new 42 switch is released, I hear it is in testing at the moment, You will be good to go.
As far as I know, they don't have any idea of my setup. So with the new switch, I can keep my present dishes and my present LNB?
All they said was is was not available in my area. I thought they installed a new dish with 3 new LNB on it.

As far as I know, they don't have any idea of my setup. So with the new switch, I can keep my present dishes and my present LNB?
All they said was is was not available in my area. I thought they installed a new dish with 3 new LNB on it.
With the new switch you will be able to keep your present dish and LNB configuration.

We have had members being told they can NOT get a H3 BUT unknown to the customer, the Dish system had them incorrectly listed as looking at 4 (FOUR) satellites when, in fact/reality, the customer was only looking at 3 (Three) sats. Once, the customer made it clear (and in at least one case I know of, a tech was sent to confirm this) that they were only looking at THREE sats, they were than allowed to upgrade to H3.

Sometimes the Dish system may have incorrect information regarding how many or which sats you are looking at (info about the install). Usually, the "4th" sat is 118.7 which is used for internationals. If you have any internationals--Dish Latino is NOT considered international services and NOT at 118.7--than you are most likely looking at the 4th sat 118.7. The entire Western Arc of 110, 119, and 129 are supported by the H3 (only ONE H3) install today.

You would only need to wait if you are, in fact, looking at 4 sats, as many of us 4 sat, multiple Hopper households are waiting.

Call back and ask them to TELL YOU what their system says about how many/which sats you are looking at, and PLEASE be certain about how many sats you are really looking at. There is a screen the CSR can lead you to confirm this. If you already know how to do this, then double check yourself.

Today, Dish will allow an install of ONE H3 looking at no more than 3 satellites. While it is technically possible (and had been done for the very first H3 installs who had requested them) to have more than one H3 looking at 4 sats, Dish does not allow this today (a business decision, IMHO because if you agree to have each H3 on a separate account, Dish WILL install more than one H3 on your property. There are a few people who have had more than one H3 installed in recent months and can afford 2 full price Dish accounts for each H3 ), but will most likely do so once the the new DPH42 is released wide (after Team Summit, we hope?) making multiple H3's looking at 4 satellites economical for Dish: the new DPH42 will allow the use of most of the current LNBF's already installed at the customer's home (unlike the one H3 install of today which need to have current LNBF's replaced with Hybrid LNBF's), requiring a much lower cost to Dish to provide multiple H3's looking at 4 sats on the same account.

We have had members being told they can NOT get a H3 BUT unknown to the customer, the Dish system had them incorrectly listed as looking at 4 (FOUR) satellites when, in fact/reality, the customer was only looking at 3 (Three) sats. Once, the customer made it clear (and in at least one case I know of, a tech was sent to confirm this) that they were only looking at THREE sats, they were than allowed to upgrade to H3.

Sometimes the Dish system may have incorrect information regarding how many or which sats you are looking at (info about the install). Usually, the "4th" sat is 118.7 which is used for internationals. If you have any internationals--Dish Latino is NOT considered international services and NOT at 118.7--than you are most likely looking at the 4th sat 118.7. The entire Western Arc of 110, 119, and 129 are supported by the H3 (only ONE H3) install today.

You would only need to wait if you are, in fact, looking at 4 sats, as many of us 4 sat, multiple Hopper households are waiting.

Call back and ask them to TELL YOU what their system says about how many/which sats you are looking at, and PLEASE be certain about how many sats you are really looking at. There is a screen the CSR can lead you to confirm this. If you already know how to do this, then double check yourself.

Today, Dish will allow an install of ONE H3 looking at no more than 3 satellites. While it is technically possible (and had been done for the very first H3 installs who had requested them) to have more than one H3 looking at 4 sats, Dish does not allow this today (a business decision, IMHO because if you agree to have each H3 on a separate account, Dish WILL install more than one H3 on your property. There are a few people who have had more than one H3 installed in recent months and can afford 2 full price Dish accounts for each H3 ), but will most likely do so once the the new DPH42 is released wide (after Team Summit, we hope?) making multiple H3's looking at 4 satellites economical for Dish: the new DPH42 will allow the use of most of the current LNBF's already installed at the customer's home (unlike the one H3 install of today which need to have current LNBF's replaced with Hybrid LNBF's), requiring a much lower cost to Dish to provide multiple H3's looking at 4 sats on the same account.
I have just spent an with Dish chat. What a waste of time. They said
you need a bigger dish and we are out of them.
We are out of the receivers.
Our systems says, but they can not tell me what it says.
They cannot tell me if they will give me a new setup.
We don't have Hopper 3 but can get you a hoppper with sling.

I could not get them to answer any question directly. Much like ma bell was.

The email response from customer service was, we have no information, try the chat.

All I want is a Hopper 3 with enough Joeys for 4 or 5 tv with one 4k. My present receivers are old and acting up.

Can DIRT help????

Can DIRT help????

They might...if you contact one of them directly. They don't seem to peruse the posts as frequently anymore and looking at the bottom of this page, none of them have read this one. If you go back to the main forum page and keep an eye on "Helpers Online Now" section on the left, you'll see them shown there when they login and you can click on their name to send them a message directly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts