Hopper 3 OTA wrong aspect ratio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cool80z

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
So Cal
Hello Running a Hopper 3 with 3 Joey 2's. I believe since we received the last update 508 Some OTA Channels are now the wrong aspect ratio. It is not the station as they look normal on the Joey's and TV Tuner. So older shows that should have black bars on the side are zoomed in and looking horrible. Checked the remote and can not change the aspect ratios. I checked the tv it is set for wide and other channels look good. I am in the Los Angeles DMA. Antenna tv, This tv and Laff all ota seem to be doing this but only on the hopper 3 TV. I have the original OTA Adapter. Thank You.

Yes Hip Kat it is a Vizio and a few years old. So Wide is Normal. It is not the tv the native tuner looks fine and was on the phone with advanced tech support no known issue. They put in a ticket so we will see what happens.

Yes Hip Kat it is a Vizio and a few years old. So Wide is Normal. It is not the tv the native tuner looks fine and was on the phone with advanced tech support no known issue. They put in a ticket so we will see what happens.
It just seems to be that way with older Vizios, If you leave the TV resolution to Normal, the Hooper on 16:9, they keep the 4:3 aspect so I always have to set the TV to Full

Reactions: cool80z
MeTV does the zoom and partial stretch on many of their older 4x3 shows. Drives me insane. You can easily see it on the opening of the Love Boat. The circular port hole showing the guest stars is not circular at all, and is cropped a bit on the top and bottom.

Found the solution I went to guide display and toggled it off and on to show sd duplicates. I had a clue with the latest update giving HD Designation on all OTA Channels in the guide regardless if they were HD or not. Thanks for your replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)