Hopper 3 Outputting 4k @ 30Hz and 60Hz depending on what your watching

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HeadRush

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
My H3 is outputting TV programming at 4k @ 30Hz, as well as 4k YouTube videos. Netflix outputs 4k @ 60Hz as well as when I'm in sports bar mode. I am running the H3 through my receiver, but that shouldn't be causing this. My Xbox One S always outputs 4k @ 60Hz (runs through receiver as well). Any ideas why everything from the H3 isn't @ 60Hz? My setup is below:

H3
Denon AVR-X2200W
Vizio M80-C3 (using input 5: 4k @ 60Hz)

My Vizio M80-C3 is wall mounted, so switching to input 1 or 2 isn't a simple task. Since I'm getting 60Hz from the H3 depending on what's being watched, the H3 is clearly capable of outputting 60Hz, but I'm not sure why it isn't on regular programming and YouTube. Seems more likely that it's the H3 vs. my TV or Receiver. 30Hz is very noticeable when watching anything with a ticker tape.

According to the specs, HDMI port 5 is what you should be using.
https://www.vizio.com/m80c3.html

Inputs
  • HDMI Ports5 (3 down; 2 side)
  • · HDMI Port 1 SpecUHD Video @30Hz, HDCP 2.2 support
  • · HDMI Port 2 SpecUHD Video @30Hz, HDCP 2.2 support
  • · HDMI Port 3 SpecUHD Video @30Hz, HDCP 2.0 support
  • · HDMI Port 4 SpecUHD Video @30Hz, HDCP 2.0 support
  • · HDMI Port 5 SpecUHD Video @60Hz, HDCP 2.2 support

I think there's something wrong with my H3. I've had more reboots (just happened tonight while watching Netflix) and glitches than I would consider "normal". So your getting 60Hz on all TV programming, YouTube, Sportsbar and Netflix?

I'm going to have to do this at a later time, wife is pissed since the re-boot takes out her 4k joey.
Dan One question, my Android remote that came with the P55 shows freq. at 60hz vertical freq., is that what were looking for?

I totally understand. Yes, I'm looking at the vertical frequency in the menu under system info. I appreciate your help!

All dish is 60hz, Netflix and Fire Tv are 24hz. When i went to Sportsbar it showed 4k for the 4 windows. when I clicked on one show, it still showed 4k, so I guess we really an get 4k through Sportsbar.
Dan

My H3 is outputting TV programming at 4k @ 30Hz, as well as 4k YouTube videos. Netflix outputs 4k @ 60Hz as well as when I'm in sports bar mode. I am running the H3 through my receiver, but that shouldn't be causing this. My Xbox One S always outputs 4k @ 60Hz (runs through receiver as well). Any ideas why everything from the H3 isn't @ 60Hz? My setup is below:

H3
Denon AVR-X2200W
Vizio M80-C3 (using input 5: 4k @ 60Hz)
I would expect 30 Hz or 24 Hz if you are watching a movie since the original source (film) is 24 frames per second. Sending the extra bandwidth to support 60 Hz progressive video would be very wasteful.

Can anybody else verify that they are getting 60hz refresh rate from their H3 on TV programming? If so, I must have something wrong with my H3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts