Hopper 3 pixelation and picture freezing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The original issue that we were experiencing that seems to be fixed with the latest software update was dealing with pixelation on the Joeys only, wired or wireless. Before the update, was your H3 affected like this?

Prior to this recent update, I had pixelation and freezing on both the H3 and Joey’s. The Joey’s appear to be fixed but the H3 definitely is not!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Prior to this recent update, I had pixelation and freezing on both the H3 and Joey’s. The Joey’s appear to be fixed but the H3 definitely is not!

It might be timed for a service call. My recent issues with pixelating were on the Joeys only and this update has fixed this so far (KOW). No issues for me on the H3....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Just updated from 935 to 936 . I hope that does it. I've been having to reboot my H3 every couple of days to play back any recorded OTA shows. I was about ready to ditch OTA and go back to locals on the dish, even if it did cost me $10 a month. Strange how only OTA recorded shows were affected.

Just curious whether there is information from Dish that states U936 fixed the issue with Joey pixelation and Hopper reboots when an OTA antenna is connected to the Hopper? I disconnected my OTA a number of weeks ago because it was so bad. That eliminated the problem immediately. So wondering if it’s time to plug it back in. Or, are we crowd-testing it in hopes it fixed it. Crossing my fingers this will actually work.

thx...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious whether there is information from Dish that states U936 fixed the issue with Joey pixelation and Hopper reboots when an OTA antenna is connected to the Hopper? I disconnected my OTA a number of weeks ago because it was so bad. That eliminated the problem immediately. So wondering if it’s time to plug it back in. Or, are we crowd-testing it in hopes it fixed it. Crossing my fingers this will actually work.

thx...
Yes. From the New Software sticky thread:
They put out notes last night

Beginning 10/30, software updates are available for all DISH receiver models. These updates will be automatically pushed to customer’s receivers over the next several weeks, but may be manually downloaded as necessary. With these software updates come several improvements:

All Hopper family receivers will see improvements with Nest Hello Doorbell integration. Hoppers 2 and 3 will have expanded Nest integration capabilities, including the ability to view live camera feeds from the new Nest Stream app. These features will also be available on all connected Joeys.

Fixes will also be implemented for all receiver models. Customers should no longer experience pixelation primarily caused by the OTA, and Wally fixes should help prevent the tuner from getting stuck on zero and allow signal to acquire properly.

Reactions: TheKrell
Agreed. Other issues have been introduced with new software but OTA working great now and Joeys not pixelating

I continue to have pixelation on my Hopper on OTA channels. In the past week or two, my Hopper reboots now when the picture pixelates. I’ve contacted customer service and they have not been helpful (they want to make sure my usb for the OTA is pushed all the way into the receiver, the coax is tight on the adaptor, etc.....all things I’ve tested myself). Anyone else experiencing this?

I continue to have pixelation on my Hopper on OTA channels. In the past week or two, my Hopper reboots now when the picture pixelates. I’ve contacted customer service and they have not been helpful (they want to make sure my usb for the OTA is pushed all the way into the receiver, the coax is tight on the adaptor, etc.....all things I’ve tested myself). Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, I have seen this on my Hopper Duo. It usually happens for me if the picture pixelates while I am changing channels when I am flipping through my OTA locals. There is new software scheduled to be released in early December, but I do not know if it addresses this particular issue.

I’m still having OTA pixelation issues on my HWS (U740). Very frustrating as many recordings have been unwatchable. Sometimes a hard reboot helps for a short time then the issue comes back. My signals are strong. It’s a single tuner module, maybe an older model not sure. The module does get fairly hot so I moved it outside my cabinet with a usb extender but it didn’t help. OTA is only way to get my local ABC affiliate as Dish is in a dispute with Apollo/Cox Media Group. And now more disputes are rumored to come? So tired of this issue. I am open to other suggestions. Calling support isn't helpful. Is there a Dish rep on here willing to assist me? Thanks

Last edited:
If you have the single tuner model it was notorious for doing just what you describe. You can replace it with an Airtv dual tuner adapter for 29.95 Products | AirTV. Or order the same thing from Dish for 59.95.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Thanks, I paid $59.95 for this one and pay $12 / mo equipment fee. IMO that should count for something. Will Dish provide a working model at no cost?

Looks like I have U935 and when I try to update, it says my software is updated. Is there a way

This is off topic but I have
been a 21 year customer and have 2 Hopper 2’s which we love. I was wondering if I wanted to upgrade to a Hopper 3 is the Dish Protect or whatever the insurance plan still required for 6 months? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't see a correlation with the upgrade and the protection plan unless they want you to pay for the truck roll on the upgrade. Now, just to be clear if you upgraded your Hopper 2 to a Hopper 3 you would need to lose the other Hopper 2. You can't mix them. If you wanted to have 2 Hopper 3s you would have to purchase the 2nd one.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't see a correlation with the upgrade and the protection plan unless they want you to pay for the truck roll on the upgrade. Now, just to be clear if you upgraded your Hopper 2 to a Hopper 3 you would need to lose the other Hopper 2. You can't mix them. If you wanted to have 2 Hopper 3s you would have to purchase the 2nd one.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts