Hopper 3 questions

Slight jiggle? SLIGHT JIGGLE! Probably all 3 of my 54's can sense my disdain and then refuse to work like yours do. I have to shake it furiously before it decides to turn the backlight back on! This is the case for all 3 of the damn things. :mad: I have gotten the backlight to come back on by setting it down and picking it back up again. But by that time I've lost track of the GD buttons again. Bah humbug! And the perverse combined power on/off button. Don't get me started. And the IR blaster is feeble on mine. With the older remotes, I could point it in any direction and it controlled the TV just fine. Not with the 54. A little off-axis and the TV doesn't respond.

But other than that, you're happy with it, though...right? :p

How have you guys NOT gained "button memory} on the 54 yet? I rarely ever look at it anymore

That is an excellent question. I do have one 40 in our family room and a 6.3 in IR mode in one of our bedrooms, so utilization of the 54's is low and largely confined to me. I'm learning slowly. :(

We also have rather low utilization of our entire Hopper/Joey system. My wife prefers our streaming gear and remotes. She was formerly watching Netflix on the H3 both in the family room and basement. But then the Netflix app crapped out and before Dish or Netflix fixed it, she migrated to Netflix on our Roku TV's instead. I have a large discount every month but still my bill is over $100/mo. Am I crazy to keep Dish?

That is an excellent question. I do have one 40 in our family room and a 6.3 in IR mode in one of our bedrooms, so utilization of the 54's is low and largely confined to me. I'm learning slowly. :(

We also have rather low utilization of our entire Hopper/Joey system. My wife prefers our streaming gear and remotes. She was formerly watching Netflix on the H3 both in the family room and basement. But then the Netflix app crapped out and before Dish or Netflix fixed it, she migrated to Netflix on our Roku TV's instead. I have a large discount every month but still my bill is over $100/mo. Am I crazy to keep Dish?

I know that it's important to stay within a certain budget, and nowadays every penny counts! We are always here and happy to help find you a monthly rate that works best for you.

While we may not be able to provide information over this forum, you can click on this link to speak with a customer service agent, Request Rejected

Reactions: TheKrell
We are always here and happy to help find you a monthly rate that works best for you.

I see that Smithsonian is now in the Stars and Stripes Pack. Hmmm. The Flex Pack with a couple of add-ons might work for me.

What I need is a way to work backwards from the channels I want to the cheapest package that combination of channels require, so I can play around and see what channels I can live without. Does such a facility exist? I currently have AT250 + Movie Pack.

I see that Smithsonian is now in the Stars and Stripes Pack. Hmmm. The Flex Pack with a couple of add-ons might work for me.

What I need is a way to work backwards from the channels I want to the cheapest package that combination of channels require, so I can play around and see what channels I can live without. Does such a facility exist? I currently have AT250 + Movie Pack.
Does this help?
Compare DISH Programming Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

I have toyed with that before and it's about as frustrating as the 54 remote! :D That comparison tool still goes forward from packages to channels, and not backward from channels to packages as I wish. I can't select Flex Pack add-ons either.

Check out this link to learn more about the Flex Pack and the add-ons available: Flex Pack | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

To make the changes, you can reach out to our Chat Team at mydish.com/support/contact or by logging into your online account and clicking on My programming.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's what I was looking at above with your encouragement. :D I don't see BBC America anywhere. Is it in one of the Flex Packs?

BBC America channel 135 can be found in our America's Top 200, America's Top 250, America's Everything Pack, and our Latino Max.

Reactions: TheKrell
Slight jiggle? SLIGHT JIGGLE! Probably all 3 of my 54's can sense my disdain and then refuse to work like yours do. I have to shake it furiously before it decides to turn the backlight back on! This is the case for all 3 of the damn things. :mad: I have gotten the backlight to come back on by setting it down and picking it back up again. But by that time I've lost track of the GD buttons again. Bah humbug! And the perverse combined power on/off button. Don't get me started. And the IR blaster is feeble on mine. With the older remotes, I could point it in any direction and it controlled the TV just fine. Not with the 54. A little off-axis and the TV doesn't respond.

Agree on the 40. Now that would be the perfect remote if it had a backlight that stayed on longer.
Have you considered smoke signals ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)