Hopper 3 recording inconsistancies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

damorin04072

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2005
Portland, Maine, United States
We have noticed that the issues with shows recording (or not actually) has become worse as the year has gone on. Most cases appear to be guide data issues (unacceptable in this day in age IMO) but lately, the guide data is correct and the shows still don't record. Last week we had a new issue with primetime in which the shows were recorded with primetime but didn't appear on our list and didn't show up on primetime until the next day. We've gone through the standard process of deleting the timers and recreating them, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't, more often it doesn't. We have resorted to tracking the shows we record in a notebook nightly to ensure that we don't miss any shows. We've been doing this for well over 3 years and honestly its pretty sad that we have to resort to tracking our shows this way because the hopper can't seem to accurately record our shows. We pay a premium (going up again from what I understand) for a service that really isn't providing much value any longer. If dish's goals are to piss of and lose customers, they are doing a bang up job with this customer. We are teetering on the edge of, dare I say it, switching to spectrum....

I've seen several posts about recording issues here, I'm wondering if it has become as bad for others as it has for us?

We have noticed that the issues with shows recording (or not actually) has become worse as the year has gone on. Most cases appear to be guide data issues (unacceptable in this day in age IMO) but lately, the guide data is correct and the shows still don't record. Last week we had a new issue with primetime in which the shows were recorded with primetime but didn't appear on our list and didn't show up on primetime until the next day. We've gone through the standard process of deleting the timers and recreating them, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't, more often it doesn't. We have resorted to tracking the shows we record in a notebook nightly to ensure that we don't miss any shows. We've been doing this for well over 3 years and honestly its pretty sad that we have to resort to tracking our shows this way because the hopper can't seem to accurately record our shows. We pay a premium (going up again from what I understand) for a service that really isn't providing much value any longer. If dish's goals are to piss of and lose customers, they are doing a bang up job with this customer. We are teetering on the edge of, dare I say it, switching to spectrum....

I've seen several posts about recording issues here, I'm wondering if it has become as bad for others as it has for us?
Have you had your Hopper system checked out? I do not have that issue and do lots of recording.

I’ve had some of these issues as well. I’ve also had some issues with timing especially recording The Orville.. where it would start recording halfway through the episode. My wife also complains a lot about missing episodes of a show that should remain nameless on MTV. It’ll remain nameless because I’m embarrassed that she watches it.. :)

I haven’t resorted to notes though.. I usually just watch it on demand when that happens.

Have you had your Hopper system checked out? I do not have that issue and do lots of recording.

We haven’t had it checked, but we’ve had similar issues with each iteration of the hopper (1 &2) platform, and never had the problem with the 722. So that tells me there is an underlying sporadic issue with hopper platform in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts