Hopper 3 Recording issues now with Sports Teams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I was one of the perhaps many people that had my Hopper 3 go crazy Sunday and not record programs and could not create new timers. Those problems seemed to have cleared up. However, I've noticed that none of my seek timers for sports teams are working. Deleting the timers and recreating them seems to fix the issue. I just want to give a heads up to anyone else that may have the same issue and not realize it because the other timers are working now.

I had the same problem with seek timers. They simply stopped working. When I went to the timer and looked at the recording schedule, everything was blank. I have U341 software.

Deleting and re-creating the seek timers has worked, for now......

I was one of the perhaps many people that had my Hopper 3 go crazy Sunday and not record programs and could not create new timers. Those problems seemed to have cleared up. However, I've noticed that none of my seek timers for sports teams are working. Deleting the timers and recreating them seems to fix the issue. I just want to give a heads up to anyone else that may have the same issue and not realize it because the other timers are working now.
I had the same problem so it didn't record the Superbowl. They had me go as far as doing a soft factory reset (retains disk and timers). No change. I could not create timers, record, and any search returned nothing. They we're going to send me a new box, then Monday told me it was their problem. Now the Apps won't run with error ea603. Game Finder is missing. The Account app is missing. The message says they are working on the problem. Is this true? Or do they even know about it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My hopper3 seemed to get better on Monday, but still had the problem with the Sports Teams. The software hasn't updated since 1/27/17, so I don't know if there were issues in the Guide Data (or index creation or ?). I was surprised that the timers (non-seek) started to work again on Monday. It would be nice to see an official comment from Dish to know what is going on.

Tim

I should also mention that I am unable to create a seek timer for sports team Arsenal, even though I had one setup in the past. It looks like there is a special flag to indicate that it is a sports team. You can search for Arsenal and find it listed under sports, but when you start to setup a timer, it will fail (you can tell it will fail because Sport Teams default to 60 minutes added to the end instead of the usual 3 - an error message is eventually displayed about timer creation failed). I have always had this problem trying to create a seek timer for Liverpool (another EPL team) and still do. It would be nice if I could get a hold of the right person at Dish to get this fixed, especially since anyone with a Hopper 3 can reproduce the error at will.

Tim

So there is a little progress. I can now setup timers for Arsenal and Liverpool, however it looks like they are linked to teams in South America instead of the English Premier League (which has the most viewership in the US) - so they won't actually record the games I am looking for.

Tim

I also am not having any problems with the non-sports related seek timers..

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)