Hopper 3 set up 3 tv's

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
None of my tv's are 4K so should I get hopper 3 with 2 joeys or 2 4K joeys ? Don't really understand the 4K Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that scenario, it would come down to how much speed you want at the Joey locations vs. install cost. The Joey 2 that comes at no extra cost with H3 installs are a bit faster than the original Joey 1, but still considerably slower than you'll experience at the H3 location. Conversely, it is reported that the 4K Joey is nearly as fast as the H3 performance-wise, even if you don't want/need the 4K capability; however, they are supposed to be an add'l $50 each. Some have had luck getting the $50 fee waived for at least one of them.

Reactions: bigkahuna12c
None of my tv's are 4K so should I get hopper 3 with 2 joeys or 2 4K joeys ? Don't really understand the 4K Joey

If the Joeys are for the kids save the money (unless $100 is a drop in the bucket) otherwise future proof yourself and go 4k.

1 Joey would be for kiddo and 1 for master bedroom. Might do 1 regular Joey for kiddo and 4K Joey for master bedroom.

I have 2 Joey 2s along with my H3. The Joey 2s are not as fast as the H3 but that doesn't mean that they are tremendously slow either. The only time I really notice slowness is when I am using Netflix on the Joeys.

Had the $150 fees waived for my 3 4k Joeys. Had to be transferred twice to have $0 upgrade fees. Also had a wireless Joey and WAP installed too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)