Hopper 3 (signal errors, chopped recordings, etc.) issues

EVerburg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
South Carolina
I had the Hopper 3 and three 4K Joeys installed on Wednesday. I've experienced many of the same problems as others: no show icons, I lost my timers and recordings for a brief period of time, and audio dropouts. However, I am also having a few other problems I didn't see many others with, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I am constantly getting signal errors like 015A, 004, etc. When I do a check status and test installation though, everything comes up good (signal strength, switch status, etc.).

My recordings are also getting clipped. On many non-PTAT and PTAT recordings alike, I notice that about halfway through the show the name of the program recorded changes to the next program scheduled. Then, the show gets clipped and the recording stops before it was scheduled to end. (Set the timers for 2 min before/after). I've done the standby and download thing many times. I also unplugged the power from the three 4K Joey's and left the Hopper 3 in standby. It (like when the the 4K Joeys are pulgged in and on standby) downloads guide data, but I can't tell it is helping with much (SNL got chopped last night, signal errors this AM). Chatted with Dish and she said she would give me a bill credit for the four days since the install and they are sending out a tech this morning. I will post back after the tech leaves.

Last edited:
One of the first things the tech asked me today was if a subcontractor did the install. I wasn't home for the majority of the time they were here on Wednesday, and only caught them as they were leaving, so I couldn't really remember if they had the official Dish gear on or not. He checks the signal inside then we walk out to the dish and his face sort of drops. The tech tells me the original installers should have changed the old dish out and installed a hybrid hub. Got the new equipment on the house now. Hopefully the software kinks will get worked out soon, but I understand it takes time and the engineers are working on it. Here's to recording 16 things at once!

It sounds like the original installer did nothing more than change out the interior equipment. The Hopper 3 environment requires a hybrid lnb and hybrid hub. No wonder you had issues. I certainly hope the original installer gets tracked down and is given some guidance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)