Hopper 3 Sling with Logitech 650 remote

Mark Ruggiero

Original poster
Oct 2, 2019
Fort Myers FL
I had a hard drive failure on my H3 and replaced it. The 650 was working fine with the original, which had replaced a 612dvr, but did not work with the replacement. I went to the Harmony Desktop software, and in fact I must never have changed it, because it was set and working as a 612 still on the remote. So I changed it to the H3 with Sling, the software found it as such, but it won't work. Anyone got any insight into this? Logitech would be happy to help me on "pay by case" basis, awfully nice of them... Thanks.

Reactions: charlesrshell
FYI, I have two 650s for my HWSes. They don’t seem to be holding up very well and I’ll have to look for replacements. Maybe go the hub route.

Have you considered what you’d use as a replacement if it died?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, I have two 650s for my HWSes. They don’t seem to be holding up very well and I’ll have to look for replacements. Maybe go the hub route.

I just ordered up a 665 for my neighbor. It is the direct replacement for the 650.

Amazon product ASIN B077Q9C8T8

Reactions: navychop
Thank you for the welcome, and again for the advice. I really haven't thought about it, and this 650 is I'm going to say prolly 8-10yo, so I may get to thinking about it any day now! I've always liked the Logitech, but they're pricey of course. This one owes me nothing I guess. The main concern for me is always will the wife be able to figure it out. How about you?

Good for the WAF. And at a good price.

Been using the 665 for quite awhile now with no problems. My old 650 never did seem to work correctly.

Reactions: navychop
I am not a fan of the new shape of the Harmony remotes (950/Elite). I tried one last year when my Harmony One failed. The shape just seemed uncomfortable. I wound up returning it and getting a refurbed Harmony One to replace it.

I finally upgraded to the Hopper3 from the HWS. I found this thread after fooling with the Harmony 650 programing for half a day. Thanks much, I should have searched first. I still have one question. How do I program the remote to turn on the Hopper3, when I push watch tv? All the functions on the remote control the Hopper3 except on and off. In the app, you can choose fix the on/off function, but I do not know which to chose. In the change device settings/power settings, do I chose turn off the device or leave the device on, since the Hopper3 does not turn off, it just goes into standby. I have tried several option and none work.

I finally upgraded to the Hopper3 from the HWS. I found this thread after fooling with the Harmony 650 programing for half a day. Thanks much, I should have searched first. I still have one question. How do I program the remote to turn on the Hopper3, when I push watch tv? All the functions on the remote control the Hopper3 except on and off. In the app, you can choose fix the on/off function, but I do not know which to chose. In the change device settings/power settings, do I chose turn off the device or leave the device on, since the Hopper3 does not turn off, it just goes into standby. I have tried several option and none work.
Turn off device is the correct selection. That will put your Hopper into standby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)