Hopper 3 Software Version U522 40.0 Remote Control Color Button Menu Shortcut List

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Attached is the latest 40.0 remote control color button menu shortcut list dated 29 Aug 2018. Did not find any color button changes due to the Hopper 3 software version U522 update.

If anyone discovers a mistake, find any more changes, or have any suggestions for the list please post them or send me a PM and I will update the list and post again.

Attachments

• ColorButtons-Hopper 3 29 Aug 2018.pdf
    6.3 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: TheKrell and LQQK
Dumb question time... Are these keys programmed as shown? (I thought they were soft keys.) And does this apply only to the 40?

I bought a couple of IR remotes with colored keys years ago (32.0?) before I had my Hopper and Joeys... I will try them and report back.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I was wrong about the 32.0; I don't have one of those. I do have two 20.0 remotes which IIRC I bought for $4/ea shipped, and a 21.1 ($9 according to the sticker) which I had forgotten I ever bought. So, from your list above, any of these should work via IR to a Joey. Will the 21.1 work using UHF? Ah... Found another thread that says it will not work via UHF. :( Can a Dish 21.1 remote be made compatible with Hopper w/ Sling?

Well, I was wrong about the 32.0; I don't have one of those. I do have two 20.0 remotes which IIRC I bought for $4/ea shipped, and a 21.1 ($9 according to the sticker) which I had forgotten I ever bought. So, from your list above, any of these should work via IR to a Joey. Will the 21.1 work using UHF? Ah... Found another thread that says it will not work via UHF. :( Can a Dish 21.1 remote be made compatible with Hopper w/ Sling?
The 20.0 and 21.1 will work all Joeys and Hoppers using IR. UHF does not work. So, you have to point the remotes at your Hoppers and Joeys. The color buttons also will work per the chart.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks Charles. The green button (CC on/off) on my 40 works with my H3. :D It does not, however, mute the TV. Oh well. In the good ol' analog days, you could mute the TV and it would automatically turn on CC. I am surprised that digital TV wasn't engineered to work the same way.

TheKrell, make sure your Hopper and Joey's IR mode is on in the remote settings. If the remotes do not work it is because the remote control address has to be 1. To change your 20.0 and 21.0 remote controls to address 1, hold SAT on the remote until all mode lights come on, press number 1, then press #.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks Charles. The green button (CC on/off) on my 40 works with my H3. :D It does not, however, mute the TV. Oh well. In the good ol' analog days, you could mute the TV and it would automatically turn on CC. I am surprised that digital TV wasn't engineered to work the same way.
Your welcome.

TheKrell, make sure your Hopper and Joey's IR mode is on in the remote settings. If the remotes do not work it is because the remote control address has to be 1. To change your 20.0 and 21.0 remote controls to address 1, hold SAT on the remote until all mode lights come on, press number 1, then press #.

Exactly what I did to make my old 6.3 work with my Joey3. :D Of course the 6.3 lacks the colored buttons. :(
In the good ol’ days, none of my TVs supported CC at all.

I was talking about more recent "good ol' days". :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)