Hopper 3 Stops in the middle of playback

yahknow1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
SE Washington State
Hi all, it's been a while since last visiting. I think I should come here earlier because the DISH tech support hasn't been very helpful!

The problem I'm having SEEMS to occur more on certain channels USA is the latest.

Let me back up: About 8 months ago I upgraded to the Hopper 3 with Sling. Everything I read told me my timers could be saved and transferred, but when the techs arrived at my house they said they had never been successful transferring them, but they'd try. So after upgrading the dish on my house (I was surprised they had to) we tried many times to transfer the timers unsuccessfully.

After the install I proceeded to try and re-program all of the timers(I had written them all down). For many of them I had to set a SEEK timer for, because the actual shows were too far out to be on the guide. This was the first DVR that I had that had the "Record When Available" timer and at the time thought it was a fantastic feature because I was able to re-build all of my timers without having a day/time/channel the guide provides.

Well a short time later, we started having weird glitchy problems. Like missed recordings, but, the weirdest was this:

As we watched a recorded show, it would stop part way through and look like we had watched the entire thing! After this happened a few times (My wife was furious) I started to realize the recording hadn't went to the end, it had just stopped and TOLD US it was over. If we selected START OVER and fast forwarded to the same point, we could then watch the remainder of the show, but HOW ANNOYING THIS IS! Personally, I felt like maybe the SEEK timers were causing the problem, but even after changing the timer type to DVR, it still was happening.

After spending a long time trying to tell DISH tech support about the problem, they finally decided to send me a new Hopper. It did seem as though the problem had went away, but then it started happening again, the same exact thing and I wasn't using any SEEK timers!

Now 8 months later we had went a long time without it happening until now. It just happened again while watching Shooter on USA. I'm afraid it's going to start happening again more often because we're getting ready to start watching the channels it happens most to: USA, TNT, FX, FOX.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks for any help

...As we watched a recorded show, it would stop part way through and look like we had watched the entire thing! After this happened a few times (My wife was furious) I started to realize the recording hadn't went to the end, it had just stopped and TOLD US it was over. If we selected START OVER and fast forwarded to the same point, we could then watch the remainder of the show, ...

We have the same issue with our H3 every now and then as well. I have not identified any pattern to it so far.

Reactions: yahknow1
We have the same issue with our H3 every now and then as well. I have not identified any pattern to it so far.

Yeah, well, while talking to the DISH technician he told me he'd never heard of the H3 doing this. And that no one had ever reported this behavior. I told him that 8 months ago I went through all kinds of troubleshooting steps for this THIS PROBLEM and they even sent me a new H3 because of it! How is that not reporting the problem?!!!

I was even promised a return phone-call by their support people to inform me what they found on my original H3 and received no call...surprise :shh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts