Hopper 3 stops responding

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
We have the hopper 3, with 2 joeys. We recently had to have the receiver replaced It was freezing and acting up. We moved into a new house; the new replacement was started up at the new place. The last week or so, 80% of the mornings, the hopper isn’t working. The tv is turned on, and it has nothing on it, the hopper is dead. I thought it was the cable in the back of the Joey, it had lost its “click” inserted. Pulled those out and back in, still dead. Hit reset button on the hopper about 4 times, still dead. The only way to get it to work lately is, unplug everything from the wall.
Any suggestions? It’s getting annoying. It works fine once it’s on, it’s only after it’s sit all night and wakes up.
Thanks for any info!

It’s getting annoying.
No kidding. That is annoying as hell.
Any suggestions?
I never heard those exact symptoms before; perhaps one of our Dish installers has some ideas.

The only thing I can think of is your TV gets set 80% of the time to the wrong input. This might plausibly be reset if you unplug everything. I have an old Westinghouse HDTV with a built-in switch that does something similar. It has no "off"; it only has standby. In my case, unplugging the TV fixes it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)