Hopper 3 Timer issue

kyfarmgirl67

Original poster
Mar 18, 2016
Alexandria, KY
Hi, Has anyone noticed that if you have a timer set for all new episodes and then you go and want to tape an old episode once that it deletes your timer for all new episodes and replaces it with the single episode? This has created problems for me as in my Mom is having a fit. She tapes a lot of shows and sometimes she watches old episodes if she has not seen them before. For example, I set Flip or Flop to record all new episodes. She wanted to watch an old episode she had not seen before and hit the record button to record it once. Now there is no timer to record all of the new Flip or Flops and only one to record the one episode. She is having a fit and at this point, I think my only option is to go back to the old Hopper. Of course, with the old Hopper, I have the issues of my Mom taping so much that it blocks my Dad from being able to watch his television. Any ideas??

Thank you!

Lori

Reactions: MarkL@DISH
This has not been my experience. I've done the above and there was no deletion of timers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
It was doing it last night. I will check again when I get home but I specifically tested with a show that had a timer to tape all new and used the guide to tape an episode once. The all new timer was replaced with the timer to record only once. I noticed a lot of the timers I had set when I first got the hopper 3 have disappeared. I am pretty sure that some of them were because of my Mom's taping one episode at a time.

If the only hopper that will keep the old interface is the original, I may have to go back to keep my Mom from losing her mind. LOL!

Hi, Has anyone noticed that if you have a timer set for all new episodes and then you go and want to tape an old episode once that it deletes your timer for all new episodes and replaces it with the single episode? This has created problems for me as in my Mom is having a fit. She tapes a lot of shows and sometimes she watches old episodes if she has not seen them before. For example, I set Flip or Flop to record all new episodes. She wanted to watch an old episode she had not seen before and hit the record button to record it once. Now there is no timer to record all of the new Flip or Flops and only one to record the one episode. She is having a fit and at this point, I think my only option is to go back to the old Hopper. Of course, with the old Hopper, I have the issues of my Mom taping so much that it blocks my Dad from being able to watch his television. Any ideas??

Thank you!

Lori

Hello kyfarmgirl67. When you're home, we'd like to review this with you in detail. If you can private message us receiver and smart card # as well as softwear version?

It still does it. If you have a timer set for all new and then use the guide to record a different episode the all new timer is replaced with the record one episode.

Mark, I sent you a pm.

It still does it. If you have a timer set for all new and then use the guide to record a different episode the all new timer is replaced with the record one episode.

Mark, I sent you a pm.
Don't use the guide...
Just go to the scheduled timers and unskip the repeated show you want to record.

Newby here and timers are driving me nuts. Using the NEW AND RERUN option I tried to record a string of NCIS programs today on USA for my wife. I assumed each individual program would appear separately somewhere and be available to watch. However it looks to me like the H3 tried to lump them together and I cannot figure out how to separate them.

Is this something a Dish tech could talk me through before I pull out the little bit of hair I have left?

ETA Now when I try to play one on the NCIS programs that the Episode file reports did record I get "ERROR CODE: O4 Problem Opening Files.

Last edited:
I've had Hopper 3 for about a month now. The thing that is driving me crazy is that on shows that are programmed to record every week, it will either A) record only one minute and display several past episodes of the show as "On Demand," or B) Show an error message that the data for this program isn't available. This has only started to happen in the past week or so. Tonight it happened with "Real Time w Bill Maher."

What can be done?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts