Hopper 3 timer issues with Free Preview channels

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
GetTV is in Free Preview along with a handful of other channels for the holiday season. I went into the Guide to set some recordings, and when I choose an event, it automatically skips it and says "recording skipped: no longer in subscription" (see screenshot). Are they not letting us record shows on Free Preview channels anymore?

I tested multiple events and they all display the same behavior.

IMG_0129.JPG

GetTV is in Free Preview along with a handful of other channels for the holiday season. I went into the Guide to set some recordings, and when I choose an event, it automatically skips it and says "recording skipped: no longer in subscription" (see screenshot). Are they not letting us record shows on Free Preview channels anymore?

That would be suck to the max.

Maybe it's only a "feature" on the Hopper and not on ViP receivers. ;)

I will test that this evening.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Maybe you could try a live recording on the channel, or a manual timer?

Tried to set a timer through Dish Anywhere for AMC, which is one of the channels included in the Free Previews for December. Same issue. "Failed to set recording." This is extremely frustrating.

View attachment 129618
I just set a recording timer for Goodfellas on AMC for today at 2PM, my time, and it worked just fine. I have a subscription that gets that channel normally anyway. I note that the free preview says for December, as you posted, and it is still November.... Perhaps you have to wait a day.

I, as well as others on here, have noticed this behavior at the very beginning of free previews before. Usually, leaving the receiver in standby and letting it take a guide download fixes the problem. Does your receiver still have this problem today?

The only other thing I could suggest is a Partial Factory Reset. If that doesn't fix it, then maybe there is something weird about these particular free previews.

I just set up recording of Ghostbusters II on AMC and 7th Heaven on GetTV via Dish Anywhere on my Mac. Both programs showed up in the Guide, and Timers list on Dish Anywhere and our Hopper 3.

We have the Welcome Pack with zero extras.

Good Luck

Reactions: pattykay
I just set up recording of Ghostbusters II on AMC and 7th Heaven on GetTV via Dish Anywhere on my Mac. Both programs showed up in the Guide, and Timers list on Dish Anywhere and our Hopper 3.

We have the Welcome Pack with zero extras.

Good Luck

I think the issue is that I used to have a package that had these channels, but earlier this month I downsized back to the Welcome Pack. So the Hopper is telling me “hey you dont have this channel anymore,” which technically is true. But still a glitch no less!

Just spoke with Brian in Executive Escalations and he said they identified a glitch that they are resolving now and all should be fixed by the time they "officially" launch the Free Preview at 5 PM Eastern tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts