Hopper 3 Tuners Question

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
So I've got a strange thing happening here...

I've got a Hopper 3 and a single 4K Joey, no other receivers at all. When I press Options > TV Activity on the remote, it shows 4 tuners in use.

One tuner is the live channel currently being watched by the H3 and one is the live channel currently being watched by the 4K Joey. But then there are 2 other tuners that are supposedly in use, Tuner 3 and Tuner 4. Both of them show HGTV on the activity screen, but it does not say anything to the right of them, like "watching" or "recording". It also does not show any location listed, like "family room", "kitchen", etc.

I checked the timers list on the H3 itself and there's nothing for recording any programs on HGTV.

So I'm confused. It's not like losing 2 of the 16 tuners is a big deal. I think the most I've ever used at the same time for live feeds and recordings between both receivers has been 6 total, but it'd still be nice to know why these tuners are being used, when they're not.

What time are you looking at it. If it's during the evening PTAT will use up a tuner.

It's been like that all day, and I do see the PTAT tuner at the bottom of the list during the evening, but that's in addition to the 2 HGTV tuners that are still displayed as being in use, even though they're not.

Suggestion,
Press remote red button for tv activity,
Select one of the HGTV tuners,
Join that tuner,
Change channel to different channel,
Repeat with other HGTV tuner.

Hopefully whatever is/has activated that channel on those tuners will be ended.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Suggestion,
Press remote red button for tv activity,
Select one of the HGTV tuners,
Join that tuner,
Change channel to different channel,
Repeat with other HGTV tuner.

Hopefully whatever is/has activated that channel on those tuners will be ended.

That was actually the first thing I tried yesterday night, but it didn't have any effect at all.

I checked the activity screen again earlier today and now everything is back to normal. Maybe it was a glitch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts