Hopper 3 turns on by itself. Then off again?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Every mourning at 7:45 A.M. ET. My Hopper will turn on. By that I means green light turns on. Hard drive will rev up for a bit. Like 5 min or less. Than it turns off. Is this some kind of maintenance. Not critical just wondering.Thanks.

It sounds like it is trying to update its firmware. Do you have Joeys? Are the Joeys turned off (in standby) while not in use? If any receivers are turned on for over 3 days the Hopper will automatically try to update.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Every mourning at 7:45 A.M. ET. My Hopper will turn on. By that I means green light turns on. Hard drive will rev up for a bit. Like 5 min or less. Than it turns off. Is this some kind of maintenance. Not critical just wondering.Thanks.

Well, it could be in mourning for Jim Nabors....

It could be the nightly update, but that’s an odd time for it.

I wonder if something is kicking on at that time, and signaling something to the H3.

I assume you don’t have a recurring recording that ends about that time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I checked timers that's a no. No sure what auto tune is. So unless it's a default set to on. That's a no. I have a Hopper 3 a 4k joey and two standard Joeys. One of the standard Joeys is not really used it's my daughters she is in college. My wife is in the living room every mourning at that time and asked whats up.Not a big deal but curious. Thanks for the responses

Is there a pop-up message on the TV screen when the Hopper is doing this? It sounds like it could be a routine Hard Drive Check. My Wally does something similar every morning, checking the external hard drive in my case.

Reactions: tallfence
TV is not on. Wife is relaxing in the AM. DVR is off. Green light comes on. Hard drive fires up. than green light goes off and noise stops.

TV is not on. Wife is relaxing in the AM. DVR is off. Green light comes on. Hard drive fires up. than green light goes off and noise stops.
I understand. I am just saying that if you had the TV on, then the on-screen message would tell you exactly what the Hopper is doing, so there would be no need to guess.

That's what happens when it reboots. Why it's rebooting at that time is the question. :)

Reactions: pattykay
Do you have the time set on your Hopper to your own time zone?
I was thinking the same thing, since my Wally does its (external) hard drive check at around 4:30 every morning, and the OP said 7:45 AM. 4:45 AM Pacific Time would be 7:45 AM Eastern Time.
I don’t believe that the Hopper3 allows you to set a time zone. The Hopper3 sets the time from the satellite signal.
The time zone setting is based on your Service Address. So, if the OP is "moved" to Los Angeles (for example) but lives in the Eastern Time Zone, then the time would be off by three hours.

Reactions: dweber

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts