Hopper 3 U500 Update Is Here

Seriously though - ever since this update, I've had a number of issues but the biggest problem (and it is a big problem) is that recordings are broken into 6 to as many (so far) as 13 segments. Any thoughts? I can't really watch recorded programs like this.

Reactions: FilmMixer
Did you have a storm go through? It will seperate recording like that if the Hopper loses signal. We had a good one go through here a few hours it blew out a cable modem at the neighbors next door. (I had to go to Best Buy and get her a new modem and get her back online.) :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Did you have a storm go through? It will seperate recording like that if the Hopper loses signal. We had a good one go through here a few hours it blew out a cable modem at the neighbors next door. (I had to go to Best Buy and get her a new modem and get her back online.) :)
Its unusually hot and dry (for Seattle anyway) here - not a cloud in sight. And this has been happening all day - and right now, i might add. The Mariners game is in 7 pieces (and counting) so far.........

The Mariners game is in 7 pieces (and counting) so far.........
I believe the Sports Ball mavens call these "Innings"... :D

:sorry

Maybe it's time to unplug all Joeys and the Hopper 3. Give it some time, plug in the Hopper 3 and let it come up fully, then add the Joeys back in one at a time.

The other things would be a bad Hopper or your LNBf is flaky due to your higher temperatures.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Got this update on 6/29 and was watching a recording yesterday and all of a sudden it went into what looked like screensaver mode! Everything on the remote except the power buttons because unresponsive. Used them to turn it off and back on and everything was ok again!

I downloaded U235 on one HWS and hooked up the Dual Tuner OTA dongle. So far, so good. It is showing the 2 OTA tuners.:biggrin Now, let's hope it is stable. and the reboots don't reappear. I'll try the other HWS tomorrow.

Not sure what's going on but I am having more problems than I have in a very long time: First, I woke up to find many recordings that happened over night in at least 6 pieces - more in a lot of cases. Now it is randomly changing channels. I'll be watching a recording, and it will flip to something "live". When I try to play a recording (whether old or new) I get a black screen. Same thing with "live" channels. It's actually kind of difficult to describe what is happening, but in a nutshell, my "Dish" is mostly unwatchable. Restarts/Reboots have been ineffective. There was a time when I actually looked forward to "updates"!

I had that happen to a few recordings right after the update as well. No weather issues at all, but mine were all on OTA recordings.

I'm afraid if burning the butter isn't working, you're going to have to sacrifice a goat.

BTW, do you happen to have a spare first born son laying around?

Reactions: xfoneguy
First born son unavailable at this time........ tried doing partial reset - no help. I can't create any new timers. Existing all record in segments. I dont have OTA - never had. This thing is apparently toast.

...and the U500 software timing is just a coincidence.
That could very well be - no way of knowing really. It's just that this started right after the download. Or it could be that something with this particular box just didn't like the update? Who knows....at this point, it doesn't much matter "why".

I downloaded U235 on one HWS and hooked up the Dual Tuner OTA dongle. So far, so good. It is showing the 2 OTA tuners.:biggrin Now, let's hope it is stable. and the reboots don't reappear. I'll try the other HWS tomorrow.
Both HWS are currently running U235. No reboots so far.

I did this about a month after the Flex Pack was made available and maintained guide data for a few months. Ended up adding locals back.

Seriously though - ever since this update, I've had a number of issues but the biggest problem (and it is a big problem) is that recordings are broken into 6 to as many (so far) as 13 segments.

I have that...plus another problem that's happened at least 3-4 times since this POS software update. I have set a show in the guide via a normal, 1-touch record with no thought, then went to go watch the show after it's recorded & found the DVR CONTINUED recording for several HOURS PAST the end of the show!
eg: I recorded a 1/2 hour sitcom on Logo last night around 1AM...only to come home after work today to find that it continue to record on this channel for over 17 HOURS straight! (of course being in HD, it ate up over 3% of HDD space just on that show alone) Funny thing on this...while it's not been uncommon for a break in an overnight recording to happen, (when the receiver decides to reboot/update) this 17+ hour recording had NO breaks whatsoever...go figure! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)