Hopper 3 Upgrade Next Week

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I just scheduled a hopper 3 upgrade for next Thursday. I will be getting two Hopper 3s and 8 Joeys. The representative said I will be getting two dishes. I'm going to purchase a DPH42. I had a few questions.

I know they will take back my current leased equipment. Will they want to take the DPP44 switches (I purchased these) and my 1000.4ea dish?

Second will there be a price difference if I go with regular HD joeys or 4K joeys?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just scheduled a hopper 3 upgrade for next Thursday. I will be getting two Hopper 3s and 8 Joeys. The representative said I will be getting two dishes. I'm going to purchase a DPH42. I had a few questions.

I know they will take back my current leased equipment. Will they want to take the DPP44 switches (I purchased these) and my 1000.4ea dish?

Second will there be a price difference if I go with regular HD joeys or 4K joeys?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I have two purchased DPP44 switches and one leased DISH switch. They did not take back any of them for my Hopper 3 install. I am pretty sure the 4KJ and the Joey 2 are the same monthly $7.00 fee. However, if you don't purchase the 4K Joeys they might charge you $50.00 each to upgrade. If your system requires a DPH42 switch, DISH will provide that.

Couldn't I do a 1 dish solution with it? The DPH42 one one set of outputs and a DPP44 on another for the 211z? If I'm understanding it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I don't know. My two Hopper 3 install doesn't have the Sonora switch. I only have one 1000+ dish, DPH42 switch, and Duo Hub.

Dish was out Thursday for my dual hopper 3 upgrade. My experience with the techs was not so great.

During the switch installation he insisted on taking my purchased DPP44 switches. I had to show him a receipt and he still wasn't happy with that. He then said I HAD to remove the old directv switches from 2 years ago because they were in the way (they were not). Once he had everything running he didn't even bother to screw the splitters or duo hub to the wall, just left it hanging in a cluster of cables.

I later found out he never deactivated my old leased hoppers when he removed them. I found out when I called in the next day to reactivate my 211z.

Dish was out Thursday for my dual hopper 3 upgrade. My experience with the techs was not so great.

During the switch installation he insisted on taking my purchased DPP44 switches. I had to show him a receipt and he still wasn't happy with that. He then said I HAD to remove the old directv switches from 2 years ago because they were in the way (they were not). Once he had everything running he didn't even bother to screw the splitters or duo hub to the wall, just left it hanging in a cluster of cables.

I later found out he never deactivated my old leased hoppers when he removed them. I found out when I called in the next day to reactivate my 211z.

I hope you kept your DPP44s, the sorry bastard is probably either doing work on the side, or is going to try and sell your DPP44s for a little.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'd be contacting DIRT first. We can overdo our calls to the President phone number. It wouldn't be the first time that such numbers went away.
True. In these situations, I usually start with DIRT just to have a written record of the conversation. However, there is only so much they can do, and they end up referring me to the Office of the President phone number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)