Hopper 3 Upgrade - Tips, Tricks & Traps

jimmizzou

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Minnesota
Upgrading to Hopper 3 tomorrow. Customer of Dish for 18 years. Currently have 2 Hopper 2's with Sling and 3 Joey's. Will replace with Hopper 3 and 4 Joey 2.0. Would appreciate any suggestions that will make this a trouble free upgrade. Thank you.

Save your 40 remotes! It is the best way to back up all your settings and timers. Hide them if you have to. My installer had no problem with me keeping mine.

I should have said "back up and transfer" from your HWS's to the new H3. You might want to save them on a couple of your 40 remotes. I did and one of them did not transfer but the other one did.
Would it back up and transfer any settings other than the timers? Thanks.

Save your 40 remotes! It is the best way to back up all your settings and timers. Hide them if you have to. My installer had no problem with me keeping mine.
You have 2 Hoppers so if each has timers back each one up to a 40 remote as stated. If you have saved programs you may want an external hard drive so you can keep them.

You have 2 Hoppers so if each has timers back each one up to a 40 remote as stated. If you have saved programs you may want an external hard drive so you can keep them.
You can do that but ONLY ONE can be restored to the new Hopper the timers from other one will have to be manually entered.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)