HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I live by myself with a hopper with sling. Can't imagine having 16 tuners. Is that lack of imagination?
I also live by myself and have a HWS and SuperJoey and still get some contentions. But I just ordered a Sharp 70" 4K tv so the Hopper 3 is on the radar.
Going to the H3 will lower my equipment charges, support 4K tv, and run faster. All good reasons to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

What has changed? Your excitement about the new model?
Requirement of a Tech visit, my original 2 Hopper install took 4 visits *(well one visit they didn't show so 3 actual visits), and I am out if contract and like the fact that I can leave at anytime. I may just buy my own 4k Joey to replace the slow Joey I have and call it a day.

Reactions: Troch77
Requirement of a Tech visit, my original 2 Hopper install took 4 visits *(well one visit they didn't show so 3 actual visits), and I am out if contract and like the fact that I can leave at anytime. I may just buy my own 4k Joey to replace the slow Joey I have and call it a day.

I wouldn't be too concerned with the install this time. There is nothing new and complicating with a Hopper 3 install so if your system works now then the Hopper 3 should work just fine. This is way different from when the Hopper first came out. There was a lot of learning on the fly that happened then.

Price of oil and gas have nothing to do with inflation. It's based on a) price speculation and b) production.
...and C) OPEC not raising their pricing in the hope of causing damage to US and others that have increased their production showing OPEC that they now longer rules the roost. Although they can have a major impact on the world market when they want to. The only really hard hit country is Venezuela.

Funny, the night of the announcement I would have ordered right then. Now I am in no rush to order, and may not order at all. LOL
I now feel exactly the same as you. I like the pros of 16 tuners, more apps, selectable media PIP, infinite folders, faster procesor, and new UI. However, the cons started to surface as I read the posts here such as no PIP on the Joey unless you can get a 4K Joey which is questionable without a 4K TV where my second HWS is currently. I have 2 EHDs connected to each HWS and will need to figure out a strategy of how to use them with the 1 H3. The loss of programming if the H3 goes down. The loss of 2tb of internal storage with folders for use with Dish anywhere. This con might change if the H3 allows Dish Anywhere to see EHDs and the EHDs can have folders. Until Dish comes out with a complete spec sheet on the H3 and new UI I guess I will wait and see.

Actually I think this is all I may do as well.
I think I may just Buy that 4K Joey to replace my slow one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Until I can confirm how much it will cost to upgrade (fee plus tech visit plus new contract?) I'm holding off as well. I love playing around with new tech & some features sound really great, but not if it's going to cost me $150+. If it's a free upgrade, then OK.

I'm not concerned about the contract extension and if the upgrade fee totals out to be $150, then I'm in. But if it is $150+truck roll then I might wait a bit to see how it all changes a bit over time.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

I now feel exactly the same as you. I like the pros of 16 tuners, more apps, selectable media PIP, infinite folders, faster procesor, and new UI. However, the cons started to surface as I read the posts here such as no PIP on the Joey unless you can get a 4K Joey which is questionable without a 4K TV where my second HWS is currently. I have 2 EHDs connected to each HWS and will need to figure out a strategy of how to use them with the 1 H3. The loss of programming if the H3 goes down. The loss of 2tb of internal storage with folders for use with Dish anywhere. This con might change if the H3 allows Dish Anywhere to see EHDs and the EHDs can have folders. Until Dish comes out with a complete spec sheet on the H3 and new UI I guess I will wait and see.
The Joeys will operate exactly the same on the H3 as the H2. You currently cannot use pip on the Joeys either. The 4K will be the only Joey able to do pip, but all Hoppers do pip.

I'm not concerned about the contract extension and if the upgrade fee totals out to be $150, then I'm in. But if it is $150+truck roll then I might wait a bit to see how it all changes a bit over time.

You will either have to pay a $95 tech visit fee or $15 if you have the protection plan. If you do not wish to pay the tech visit fee then you may want to do some sweet talking to Dish and see if they will waive it for you.

Until I can confirm how much it will cost to upgrade (fee plus tech visit plus new contract?) I'm holding off as well. I love playing around with new tech & some features sound really great, but not if it's going to cost me $150+. If it's a free upgrade, then OK.

You can find out now by asking Dish or asking a retailer. The prices have already been announced.

You will either have to pay a $95 tech visit fee or $15 if you have the protection plan. If you do not wish to pay the tech visit fee then you may want to do some sweet talking to Dish and see if they will waive it for you.
Thought they dropped it to $10.

If that would mean the $150 for the H3 upgrade and another $95 and also a 2-year contract renewal, then it would be a no sale. But it would be worth a call to see exactly what I could 'sweet talk' them into.

Thanks for the info.

DISH has already dropped the previously reported $350 Hopper 3 upgrade fee for C rated customers to $150. So Hopper 3 upgrades are now going to be either $0 or $150.:)

I imagine it can't be too difficult to negotiate a free install if a customer is willing to leave dish otherwise. Waive a fee to get a 2 year agreement? It's a no brainer

Reactions: stardust3
Remember when the Hopper W/ Sling was released? About $150.00. Six months or so later, free. I'll bet we will see the same again in time. Patience pays.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Remember when the Hopper W/ Sling was released? About $150.00. Six months or so later, free. I'll bet we will see the same again in time. Patience pays.

But they are already offering the Hopper 3 for free right away for some customers, unlike the Hopper 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)