HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

as a correction for everyone on here, the hopper3 will support 5 joeys for a total of 6 tvs. all other claims are wrong. sorry guys.... however, it looks as though we may see the possibility of more than one hopper3 on an account by q4 of this year or q1 of next. not confirmed yet, just rumor.

as a correction for everyone on here, the hopper3 will support 5 joeys for a total of 6 tvs. all other claims are wrong. sorry guys.... however, it looks as though we may see the possibility of more than one hopper3 on an account by q4 of this year or q1 of next. not confirmed yet, just rumor.
i guess you could always set up two accounts and two dishes....lol for all you crazy people

Reactions: charlesrshell
Looking to possibly get 1 h3 and no joeys. Hope there won't be any stipulations regarding that setup.

So are Dish's reports incorrect? It still says on the Portal that the Hopper 3 will support up to 7 TVs at a time.

If you get in house tech, they should run dual orange burial cable for you. Also keep we mind, if it's in house tech they will not do any digging with out markings. It's company policy to have area mark before doing any digging . They will also supply pole and concrete if you need that..

If you read what I wrote, you will see that I have already done the trench. I do need to clean it out some because of the rain.

I plan on doing the pole myself (already bought it) because I want it as plumb as possible given that EA seems to be affected more by rain fade . I don't really understand why because EA has a more direct line through the atmosphere, but that is what I have read. Anyway, if I can get it close to perfect, I can get the tech to peak the dish.

So are Dish's reports incorrect? It still says on the Portal that the Hopper 3 will support up to 7 TVs at a time.
Product Features FAQs
Q: Will the Hopper 3 have the features of the Hopper w/ Sling?
A: Yes, the Hopper 3 will have the features of the Hopper w/ Sling as well as additional features such as 16 tuners, the integrated search feature, and the ability to view 4K content.

Q: Will the 16 tuners support any combination of live programming and recording?
A: Yes. For example, a family of five could all be watching different shows on their own TVs while each recording a second show, with PrimeTime Anytime recording at the same time (using a single tuner), with five tuners still available.

Q: How much 4K content will be available?
A: Users can play 4K Netflix content in addition to about 100 movies and shows available through Video On Demand. This will be a mix of free and paid content.

Q: Will the Hopper 3 have the same apps that are included on the Hopper w/ Sling?
Yes, the Hopper 3 will have the same apps as well as PrimeTime Anytime and AutoHop.

Q: Will the Hopper 3 have a whole-home music feature?
A: At launch, the Hopper 3 will not have a whole-home music feature. This feature will be added at a later date.

Q: Does DirecTV have a 4K receiver?
A: DirecTV does not have a main receiver that supports 4K. They do have a 4K mini client similar to DISH's 4K Joey.

Installation FAQs
Q: Can a Super Joey be included in a Hopper 3 installation?
A: No. The Super Joey is not compatible in a Hopper 3 installation.

Q: What components are required in a Hopper 3 installation?
A: DPH components are required.

Q: How many Hopper 3s are allowed in an installation?
A: Just one Hopper 3 is allowed per installation.

Q: How many Joeys can a Hopper 3 support?
A: The standard configuration allows for a maximum of five Joeys.

Q: Does an installation of a Hopper 3 take the same amount of time as a Hopper w/ Sling?
A: There are fewer connection points in a Hopper 3 installation, so it is a more efficient, streamlined process.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Hmmm. This is a little old but it's the most recent Hopper news on the Portal.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1453347198.628079.jpg

I would imagine as well that they change it later. Probably developing another hub to eliminate multiple splitters to keep the moca strong. Just an assumption though...

i did notice this
A: At launch, the Hopper 3 will not have a whole-home music feature. This feature will be added at a later date.
i know which ones that will be used with this feature i do not want to annouce it here i dont want to take another vacation

Any good installer will definitely peak the dish for you. Especially since he will be changing the lnbf. You shouldn't get signal loss in rain unless it's a torrential downpour. If you are, it needs a repoint. Just mention it to him/her at time of Installation

Reactions: TheKrell
Dish employees
BDWAGSTER can you answer a install question...when I upgrade to the hopper3 the installer will peak my dish right?I have problems with rain fade now,everything shows green but it does not take much rain to get fade.....
Any good installer will definitely peak the dish for you. Especially since he will be changing the lnbf. You shouldn't get signal loss in rain unless it's a torrential downpour. If you are, it needs a repoint. Just mention it to him/her at time of Installation
Thank You....

Product Features FAQs
Q: Will the Hopper 3 have the features of the Hopper w/ Sling?
A: Yes, the Hopper 3 will have the features of the Hopper w/ Sling as well as additional features such as 16 tuners, the integrated search feature, and the ability to view 4K content.

Q: Will the 16 tuners support any combination of live programming and recording?
A: Yes. For example, a family of five could all be watching different shows on their own TVs while each recording a second show, with PrimeTime Anytime recording at the same time (using a single tuner), with five tuners still available.

Q: How much 4K content will be available?
A: Users can play 4K Netflix content in addition to about 100 movies and shows available through Video On Demand. This will be a mix of free and paid content.

Q: Will the Hopper 3 have the same apps that are included on the Hopper w/ Sling?
Yes, the Hopper 3 will have the same apps as well as PrimeTime Anytime and AutoHop.

Q: Does DirecTV have a 4K receiver?
A: DirecTV does not have a main receiver that supports 4K. They do have a 4K mini client similar to DISH's 4K Joey.

Installation FAQs
Q: Can a Super Joey be included in a Hopper 3 installation?
A: No. The Super Joey is not compatible in a Hopper 3 installation.

Q: What components are required in a Hopper 3 installation?
A: DPH components are required.

Q: How many Hopper 3s are allowed in an installation?
A: Just one Hopper 3 is allowed per installation.

Q: How many Joeys can a Hopper 3 support?
A: The standard configuration allows for a maximum of five Joeys.

Q: Does an installation of a Hopper 3 take the same amount of time as a Hopper w/ Sling?
A: There are fewer connection points in a Hopper 3 installation, so it is a more efficient, streamlined process.
That looks just like what is on the documents that TechWriter downloaded from a dealer, they weren't prepared by Dish, but the dealer. I would take this with a grain of salt until there is actually installations in the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)