HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I miss that member too. He hasn't posted since 17 Jan. He is a long time supporter of SatGuys and has lots of Posts and Likes. He helped me out years ago with a severe local channels timer issue I had when DISH launched Eastern Arc. I hope he starts posting again. He is a big help to SatGuys IMO.
I think he got booted.

Echosphere who sells to retailers and supplys distributors is saying. Originally it was supposed to be released on the 28th but now has been bumped up and does not have any info on when it will be released. :(

Our distributor said the same thing. The H3's are in his warehouse ready to go but they can't sell us any until Dish gives the OK, which they haven't. Should be very, very soon though. :)

How can they be trusted when a number of people here have ordered their own units and they have shipped ? Not just a label created, but the package is moving...

Dont want to sound like Debbie Downer (because I want to see people with Hopper 3's!) But I was told by DISH that if anyone was shipped units then there is a big issue as no units were to have been shipped to retailers yet. Once people TRY to activate them they will be able to tell where they came from and be able to take proper action. I dont think Mark did anything wrong, he ordered them, they shipped them and he then sent them out to those who purchased them.

I miss that member too. He hasn't posted since 17 Jan. He is a long time supporter of SatGuys and has lots of Posts and Likes. He helped me out years ago with a severe local channels timer issue I had when DISH launched Eastern Arc. I hope he starts posting again. He is a big help to SatGuys IMO.
Yeah, I miss his posts, hope he comes back. I don't think that either side meant to hurt the other, I don't think he was "advertising" for that dealer, nor was the other side really getting on to him, just a bad misunderstanding. Hope he gets over it, comes back and contributes again.

Dont want to sound like Debbie Downer (because I want to see people with Hopper 3's!) But I was told by DISH that if anyone was shipped units then there is a big issue as no units were to have been shipped to retailers yet. Once people TRY to activate them they will be able to tell where they came from and be able to take proper action. I dont think Mark did anything wrong, he ordered them, they shipped them and he then sent them out to those who purchased them.
Oh well, at least we will have them when they will activate them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, I miss his posts, hope he comes back. I don't think that either side meant to hurt the other, I don't think he was "advertising" for that dealer, nor was the other side really getting on to him, just a bad misunderstanding. Hope he gets over it, comes back and contributes again.
I concur, hope someone throws an olive branch! :angel

Reactions: bobvick
There are still NO updates from Dish on when retailers will have the Hopper 3 in stock or when they will be available to customers. I'm not sure how they are being shipped out to customers yet since they are not even suppose to be sent out to retailers yet. Many retailers have been asking on the Portal and Dish has not responded at all yet. I know everyone is excited but you may want to wait for some official announcements before you get too excited.

If it were me, I'd wait until they were a go from Dish (if I had received them early) before trying to activate... You may draw unwanted attention to yourself or the seller otherwise.

If it were me, I'd wait until they were a go from Dish (if I had received them early) before trying to activate... You may draw unwanted attention to yourself or the seller otherwise.

Very good post here. If for some odd reason someone does end up with a Hopper 3 before it's officially release I recommend not calling to activate it right away.

I could care less about "unwanted attention to myself" what are they going to do, cancel my service and force me to DirecTV? LOL

I could care less about "unwanted attention to myself" what are they going to do, cancel my service and force me to DirecTV? LOL

Im more talking about the seller. I mean woudn't kill you to wait a couple of days.

All I am saying is if you pay attention to Scott's post, it could cause problems for someone. I would imagine they would just refuse to activate it on your end.

Get the seller in trouble....
I sent him an email to inquire into this particular issue. I won't try to activate it if he asks me not to. Since they are a fairly large dealer, I wouldn't think that they would do anything that Dish had asked them not to do, so maybe he knows something we don't, not saying Scott hasn't talked to the highest levels, but perhaps someone (maybe without authorization) told the dealer they could ship? As Paul Harvey used to say, I am trying to find out "the rest of the story."

So for those who ordered, and were shipped, a Hopper 3, let us know if you get an email saying "there's an issue on Dish's end that won't allow activation of these receivers until further notice. We'll contact you as soon as we know it's possible to proceed." :p

Thing is, we all know that those who ordered them, will hook them up and try and activate them right away, no matter what they've been told....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)