HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

I have two disabled 211 receivers for camping (only use them during summer) and because of them being on my account DIRT can't help me either. Saying call back in a couple days.

This should be fun . . .

Talked with two different CSRs today about upgrading my 3 Hoppers with Slings (2 leased, 1 owned) to one Hopper 3 & two Joeys:

CSR #1 - it would cost me $150 (one-time receiver fee) + $10 tech visit fee. I passed.

CSR #2 - no cost for receiver + no tech visit fee. However, I'd have to add the $8/month protection plan for at least 6 months (= $48) + a 2-year contract. But they could do the install this afternoon. I did not pass.

Out of curiosity I asked the CSR if the tech would be bringing a Hybrid LNBF. Silly me.
CSR said "Our Tech will check for it" and "This requires installation of two separate dishes". Really?

So things to watch for . . .
  • Will Tech be lugging a whole new 1000.2 dish?
  • Just a Hybrid LNBF?
  • Neither?

This should be fun . . .

Talked with two different CSRs today about upgrading my 3 Hoppers with Slings (2 leased, 1 owned) to one Hopper 3 & two Joeys:

CSR #1 - it would cost me $150 (one-time receiver fee) + $10 tech visit fee. I passed.

CSR #2 - no cost for receiver + no tech visit fee. However, I'd have to add the $8/month protection plan for at least 6 months (= $48) + a 2-year contract. But they could do the install this afternoon. I did not pass.

Out of curiosity I asked the CSR if the tech would be bringing a Hybrid LNBF. Silly me.
CSR said "Our Tech will check for it" and "This requires installation of two separate dishes". Really?

• Just a Hybrid LNBF?
  • Neither?

I hope you meant a hopper 3....ah I see you changed it ...

This should be fun . . .

• Just a Hybrid LNBF?
  • Neither?

Where you located? Guessing you're on EA and need 77.

I had the same issue as Tech Writer with regards to being offered two separate "deals", 1st was 150$ with a 95$ tech fee (which could be reduced to 10$ if I got the prot. plan)
2nd and the one I took was 150$ for the H3 with 0$ tech fee as its being waved for me signing up for the protection plan. Then any further tech calls will be 10$ so long as i keep the protection plan.

Scheduled for Tuesday install (My day off) whoo hoo!\

This was with two separate reps not the same rep.

Been doing some digging on low beam zip codes.

C/P:
129° Low Beam ZIP Codes refers to certain ZIP codes for which HD or SD Eligible Local Networks broadcast from the 129° orbital location have low signal strength and require the installation of 2 DISH 500 antennas for proper reception.

It used to be a dish 500 and a 24" wing for 129.

low beam.JPG

This may explain the glitch.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski