HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

When I called mine in. I knew more than the CSR. Mostly because of this site. She said that to me as well. (4k Joeys),,
But I corrected her and she checked with a supervisor. Fixed it. Than she asked if I wanted a Super Joey and of course that does not work either. I got the impression they are a bit overwhelmed. Also it's all new tech. Good luck.

There are many members here who know more than what most CSRs know. Remember, they are usually reading off of a screen and don't always have any other internal knowledge unless they did their own research.

I always try to inform Dish that I am a retailer and know what I'm doing so we don't waste as much time.

So I called into Dish to try and setup my Hopper 3 install. To my surprise, I was told that there was an appointment available this afternoon! Of course, I accepted.

Installer called and said he would be able to come early at 11am. I can't say enough good things about this installer as he was great! He said it was his very first Hopper 3 install and I was the only one in the area with it that he knew of. He did a great job putting up a new dish and using the old dish for the 118 satellite for internationals. Pretty quick and painless.

As far as the Hopper 3. It's great! Very fast and responsive compared to our old 722 and 612s. Love the 16 tuners and the ability to organize recordings into folders. I know that may not be new to old hopper users but this is my first experience with one. Will probably take a while for everyone in the house to get used to it but I'm sure they will love it. Didn't get the touchscreen remote but to be honest I think I like the remote with hard buttons better anyway. The installer said he would swap it out for me when they came out if I just called him. He seemed pretty pumped to install the Hopper 3 for the first time.

Anyway, off to learn and enjoy my Hopper 3!

Got my Hopper 3 installed and ready to go, got my extra Joeys going too. All I have to do now is wait for the 4K Joey to get here in the mail today. I'll have to get back with Dish and get them to activate it. I have a Joey CR that I leased from them they had to deactivate because it shows as a "Joey 1" in their system. It shows as a JoeyCR in the MoCA test, so I know it would work. They wouldn't change it out unless I agreed to a new 24 month contract. I told them no dice for that. I'll just get one that shows up as a 2.0 from Mark. Kind of sucks that I had to pay more to replace a perfectly good Joey that would work. But, I digress.

Got my Hopper 3 installed and ready to go, got my extra Joeys going too. All I have to do now is wait for the 4K Joey to get here in the mail today. I'll have to get back with Dish and get them to activate it. I have a Joey CR that I leased from them they had to deactivate because it shows as a "Joey 1" in their system. It shows as a JoeyCR in the MoCA test, so I know it would work. They wouldn't change it out unless I agreed to a new 24 month contract. I told them no dice for that. I'll just get one that shows up as a 2.0 from Mark. Kind of sucks that I had to pay more to replace a perfectly good Joey that would work. But, I digress.

How'd you do with your hillbilly rig? Decent signal?

Well, my lack of patience got the best of me. I contacted DISH via chat and was able to upgrade to an H3 and two 4k joeys for $100, scheduled the install for Friday Feb 5th. I was messaging with Mike but it seems as though he went offline, and I couldn't wait anymore haha.

Thanks to Mike for initiating the contact and helping me out. I will contact him via PM and let him know that I have already processed my upgraded.

Excited!!!!!!!!

My DIRT member disappeared lol :attention
They actually started at 5am this morning Eastern Time... and then they waited because things were not in their system yet... so they didn't get going until around 8am this morning. I would imagine they are done for the day but will be back tomorrow.

Note there appears to be a HUGE snowstorm headed to Denver on Monday... so I dont know how that will affect the DIRT team on Monday... (Just giving a heads up!) :)

Not trying to be a smart ass, but if you were installed YESTERDAY, you expected to get FREE new equipment TODAY?

It wasn't really free. I am still leasing the equipment. I am paying $160 when I can purchase the box outright for $280.

If I do purchase the box, do I still pay the $15 month box fee?

It wasn't really free. I am still leasing the equipment. I am paying $160 when I can purchase the box outright for $280.

Absolutely, But in all fairness, you can't expect them to pay for a tech visit when they just gave you an upgrade yesterday.
Do you realize that cost money?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fees are the same whether you own or lease. Makes no sense to own unless you don't want to sign a 2 year agreement.

You may be leasing it but you aren't paying any lease fees. If you owned it your monthly bill would be the same. Your argument is invalid.

How'd you do with your hillbilly rig? Decent signal?
I ended up using the 1000.2. I didn't get as good of a signal strength, believe it or not. 129 was in the 50s and 40s on it, and it is in the high 50s up to the high 60s on the 1000.2. Evidently must have to do with the F/D ratio on that 1002, I suppose the LNBF is made for that. I suppose if one wanted to experiment, you could shorten the F/D of the 1000.4 down. Think I'll just leave well enough alone.

Reactions: stardust3
I ended up using the 1000.2. I didn't get as good of a signal strength, believe it or not. 129 was in the 50s and 40s on it, and it is in the high 50s up to the high 60s on the 1000.2. Evidently must have to do with the F/D ratio on that 1002, I suppose the LNBF is made for that. I suppose if one wanted to experiment, you could shorten the F/D of the 1000.4 down. Think I'll just leave well enough alone.

It was tedious but I had to mess with the focal distance. So far my rig is working ok, going to pay close attention to the next 1k2 I put up which will likely be Monday. If it's better I'll probably swap mine out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)