Hopper 3 vs. Super Joey for adding more tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lifeofriley

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
I do run into a tuner conflict from time to time on my Hopper 1 with a regular Joey. While the H3 with 16 TUNERS (!) would certainly solve that problem, I think I'd probably be okay with the expansion to a Super Joey. How much money do you think I could save going that route instead of a new Hopper?

I do run into a tuner conflict from time to time on my Hopper 1 with a regular Joey. While the H3 with 16 TUNERS (!) would certainly solve that problem, I think I'd probably be okay with the expansion to a Super Joey. How much money do you think I could save going that route instead of a new Hopper?

Curious, is it just the $$ savings you are concerned with? Or would all the other benefits of an H3 over an original Hopper 1 be of importance to you to go the upgrade route (faster, no more conflicts, Netflix, I hear YouTube someday, 4K capable, etc...)?

Reactions: charlesrshell
In this situation I don't see any benefits to having a Hopper 1 with a Super Joey over going to the Hopper 3 with a Joey 2. You know the DVR price of the other Hoppers are going to go up to $15 eventually anyway.

Reactions: Tron2012
Yup, grandfathering is only good till they retire it and put it in an old age home.

Usually when you do upgrades they change your pricing to the updated structure too. It's possible his Hopper fee would go up to $15 just because of adding the Super Joey. I'd have to confirm that though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)