Hopper 3 WiFi/Remote Antenna Replacement?

It is a zigbee device I believe, which puts it into the 2.4 ghz frequency.

Both my hopper and 4K joeys work for crap compared to the VIP’s UHF remotes. I sometimes feel as if they are line of sight IR remotes more than wireless.
I find that interesting. I can control my Joey 3 with a 54 remote 40 feet away through 4 walls just fine. The Hopper3 is the same. I will say that the Joey 4 had more difficulty.

Both my hopper and 4K joeys work for crap compared to the VIP’s UHF remotes. I sometimes feel as if they are line of sight IR remotes more than wireless.

The Zigbee part works great for me, even without my Silver Sensor. :) It's the IR TV control that's feeble. My old UHF Pro 6.3 remotes could control this same television very reliably. I could aim it at the ceiling, or the far wall, or somehwere in between with no LOS to my 612's, and it worked great. My 54 is so feeble, I have to point it right at the TV and get closet to it before it does anything. This is very annoying. Is something wrong with this darn thing? Maybe I should buy another 40. Or just use the 6.3 which I still have.
I will say that the Joey 4 had more difficulty.

Hey! Is that the Joey 4 w/both 4K and HDR that we have been asking for?

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Zigbee part works great for me, even without my Silver Sensor. :) It's the IR TV control that's feeble. My old UHF Pro 6.3 remotes could control this same television very reliably. I could aim it at the ceiling, or the far wall, or somehwere in between with no LOS to my 612's, and it worked great. My 54 is so feeble, I have to point it right at the TV and get closet to it before it does anything. This is very annoying. Is something wrong with this darn thing? Maybe I should buy another 40. Or just use the 6.3 which I still have.

Hey! Is that the Joey 4 w/both 4K and HDR that we have been asking for?
Whoops I meant 4K Joey! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts