Hopper 3

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
I've had the new Hopper 3 installed about 2 months now, I liked it up until about 2 weeks ago. I will be watching TV, and the Hopper will randomly shut off, and restart or reload, this has happened about 3 times in the last month. In the evenings I like to watch Netflix, I click the app, the screen will go black, and probably would stay that way until the end of time, until I hit the reset button and reload the Hopper. Sometimes my Joeys are slow to reload in the other rooms, I have the wireless Joeys, and was told they are 100% compatible. Comments? thanks!

Hello ashecnc. The Hopper is an awesome piece of equipment and will reboot and update about 1 am. That is normal. Is the reboot happening at another time?
The Netflix app should not be pausing or turning black like you mention. We can troubleshoot that.
Joeys are slow to reload? Live TV? Accessing the DVR Wireless Joeys are compatible but are working on a wi-fi connection. Distance from Hopper could be an issue? Works the same close or far from unit?

Can you provide more details in a PM? We can access your account and look at your equipment and equipment status.

Hello ashecnc. The Hopper is an awesome piece of equipment and will reboot and update about 1 am. That is normal. Is the reboot happening at another time?
The Netflix app should not be pausing or turning black like you mention. We can troubleshoot that.
Joeys are slow to reload? Live TV? Accessing the DVR Wireless Joeys are compatible but are working on a wi-fi connection. Distance from Hopper could be an issue? Works the same close or far from unit?

Can you provide more details in a PM? We can access your account and look at your equipment and equipment status.
I have noticed that with the Hopper 3 that I have, I will be in the middle of watching a movie on Netflix and it will lose connection and the Joey in our living room will restart and boot back up. It happens every once in a while. I have also noticed, that with the VEVO App, that a video that I am watching will start/restart, but VEVO is no longer an app on my system's apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts