Hopper 3Woes

DishAbywhere works exactly the same as with a HWS, and better/more options than an H1 or 722... And the EHD is exactly the same. So everything you mentioned is just not being satisfied, however everything still works exactly as Dush as a company claim they do.
It is not and does not. We had many devices on DishAnywhere. As soon as the H3 came on line now limited to 5. Now Dish call reps are saying it should be reversed but so far nothing I've been told is accurate. You might be happy but considering the gains Dishhas made during my time with them this experience is simply not as presented and backwards as a provider.

You think that is not going to change with the new UI on the other boxes? Lol. Unfortunately, that does not "work not as described". And the ETF would remain valid.

That's was my surprise that it's always been while in 2016 try and find a powered external drive that is anything less than 4. All the stores are even blowing those out as the new ones are up to 8! Either power the USB ports for removable storage and/or stay with the world and build for expanding storage.

I can't get the link to post, but just do a search on Amazon for the WD 2TB My Book Desktop External Drive.

Echostar makes a Channel Master dual tuner ota dvr that accomplishes this today. It wouldn't be that hard to imagine that they could use this device or a similar usb dongle that accomplishes this too. After all the hopper is made by Echostar -the sister company of DISH, so why couldn't they do something like this too?
Echostar accomplishes this with the Channel Master DVR+ using Rovi--now TiVo--EPG and metadata :). I don't think Charlie cares if the EPG bug on the CM DVR+ or on Dish EPG OTA subchannel data reads "TiVo" (Dish recently re-upped with Rovi on its voice command tech/patents), the roadblock is that it would cost Dish more MONEY, something Ergen detests. Of course, Gracenote (formerly Tribune) has EPG and metedata for OTA subchannels (When TiVo was using Gracenote, they had close to complete OTA sub-channel data), but it would likely cost Dish more money to access and provide it. I'm all for complete EPG for OTA sub channel, but, knowing how cheap Charlie is, I won't be counting on it. I just hope we will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Again if I were you I would cancel now and move on. Seems to me you will never be satisfied. Something tells me you get free dinners. Money off many bills. Not that you don't have a few legit complaints. BUT. With 500 posts you did zero homework and were/are totally blindsided by everything? Personal responsibly? If you did no homework, you at least had the ability and opportunity to do so. IMO. You can always sue! Good luck!

Echostar accomplishes this with the Channel Master DVR+ using Rovi--now TiVo--EPG and metadata :). I don't think Charlie cares if the EPG bug on the CM DVR+ or on Dish EPG OTA subchannel data reads "TiVo" (Dish recently re-upped with Rovi on its voice command tech/patents), the roadblock is that it would cost Dish more MONEY, something Ergen detests. Of course, Gracenote (formerly Tribune) has EPG and metedata for OTA subchannels (When TiVo was using Gracenote, they had close to complete OTA sub-channel data), but it would likely cost Dish more money to access and provide it. I'm all for complete EPG for OTA sub channel, but, knowing how cheap Charlie is, I won't be counting on it. I just hope we will be pleasantly surprised.
Knowing cheap Charlie, I'm sure if he could charge us a small DISH FEE for advanced 14 day guide via the internet, he would .

I was patient to wait until now for bugs to fixed and the upgrade. Volume buttons on the old remote could be programmed to work any device that was needed and you stayed in SAT mode. Now I must his Aux to use it for the receiver then go back to SAT. I'm only noting this as an example of a backwards engineering step. I will continue to us my Logitech remote. It updated smoothly. At a time when streaming and other DVR options are so many, maybe years of patience is just wearing g off

You haven't setup the remote to control your receiver correctly then. Go to menu, settings, remote control settings. Under customizations you have a item called volume and mute buttons, It defaults to control tv's volume. Select it and it goes to control aux devices volume. Easy as that and you can stay in sat mode like the 40 remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)