Hopper and CC?

RickRS

Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
How is the close captions set/disabled on the new Hopper? Specifically, how much menu crawling is necessary?

I was reminded of the mess that DISH makes of turning CC on/off when turning it off last night during Dancing with The Stars. Having to bring the main menu up, then Preference, then Closed Captions, then CC ON/OFF, then side scroll, then down scroll, then Select to highlight CC OFF, then side scroll to DONE, and Select to save, and finally Exit just to change CC is annoying. I really miss the one button ability that was standard on TV remotes.

My CC macro went from 8 steps on my 722k to 9 steps on Hopper, with a few delays for every screen change. Because of the default selections, I can use the same macro for both on and off.

I don't know why they have to make it so difficult. DirecTV is just as bad. But cable is worst of all. On some cable boxes you have to actually turn the box off and restart in a service menu, enable CC, then restart again.

How is the close captions set/disabled on the new Hopper? Specifically, how much menu crawling is necessary?

I was reminded of the mess that DISH makes of turning CC on/off when turning it off last night during Dancing with The Stars. Having to bring the main menu up, then Preference, then Closed Captions, then CC ON/OFF, then side scroll, then down scroll, then Select to highlight CC OFF, then side scroll to DONE, and Select to save, and finally Exit just to change CC is annoying. I really miss the one button ability that was standard on TV remotes.

It's much easier. Yellow button - 3 - select - select - View Live TV

After pressing Yellow button and 3, it jumps to whatever is opposite of what you are set for. If CC was Off, it jumps to On and vice versa, so you press Select the first time, then it jumps to Save, so you press Select the second time, then View Live TV.

It's much easier. Yellow button - 3 - select - select - View Live TV

After pressing Yellow button and 3, it jumps to whatever is opposite of what you are set for. If CC was Off, it jumps to On and vice versa, so you press Select the first time, then it jumps to Save, so you press Select the second time, then View Live TV.
Sweet. Thanks for the tip. Works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)