Hopper and Cold weather

vrkeller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
Kansas
I have a 2 Hopper (1st gen hopper) and 2 Joey setup. I live in SW Kansas and have been experiencing an issue when the weather turns cold. When the weather is in the teens or colder, it can't find signal? There's no snow or ice on the dish. Had a tech come out and he said that happens sometimes??? I've reset the hoppers to no avail. I'm at a loss!!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is your node outside or inside? Some early ones were defective- too temperature sensitive. If yours is outside, I'd have them replace or at least move it (inside).

Bad Tech! Bad, bad, bad tech!

The node is outside...so to move it inside they would have to run 2 cables inside and then 4 back outside to the othe hopper/joeys? Thank you!

Will do!! Thanks so much for the help!! I do appreciate it!!

They really don't have to move the node inside, the newer nodes don't have the chill issue.... They just need to replace it.

My duo node has been outside ever since the Hopper came out and I only had issue about 3 times. Now, this year is a completely different winter. We have had about 30 days below zero here and my signal goes out every time it gets to zero. This morning when I turned my TV on I had no signal, I knew right away that it was below zero. Checked my phone and sure enough, it was -9.

This Spring I'm going to have to change something. The problem is that my Dish is on the opposite side of the house where the cables come into the basement. I really do not want to run a third cable into the house. The node being outside is very helpful for my install.

They'll either replace the node or the LNB and it will solve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I plan on replacing mine but I'm waiting until it gets above freezing. I'm really not even sure the last time it got above freezing here.

Thank you for the help. So you all think a new node will do the trick or should I have the tech put the node inside or both? Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts