Hopper and Cold weather

Is your node outside or inside? Some early ones were defective- too temperature sensitive. If yours is outside, I'd have them replace or at least move it (inside).

Bad Tech! Bad, bad, bad tech!

More likely a poorly trained tech who may be working his first winter season.

I'm not a 100% sure, but think when it drops down to the single digits it's causing signal loss on my 1k4 wa lnb. No hopper here, only 722. Have been meaning to replace, but hasn't been a huge priority since we haven't been in the single digits lately.

I'm not a 100% sure, but think when it drops down to the single digits it's causing signal loss on my 1k4 wa lnb. No hopper here, only 722. Have been meaning to replace, but hasn't been a huge priority since we haven't been in the single digits lately.

Maybe there are short stingers in your cables that are contracting and losing contact?

Last edited:
Maybe there are short stingers in your cables that are contracting and losing contact?

That's a good point. Not saying it isn't so, by habit my stingers are always a tad on the long side. Worth checking out, thanks.

What is a node? It's going to be -21F tomorrow night, they say. No problems in eastern Iowa so far (we have had lots of weather like this this winter).

What is a node? It's going to be -21F tomorrow night, they say. No problems in eastern Iowa so far (we have had lots of weather like this this winter).

It's the block where the cables from the dish are attached. From the node, the signal is distributed to your tv/Joey in a hopper System.

I sure hope the last tech out didn't get burned by a TC for something he didn't know was an issue. The newer Duo Nodes have a black dot on them but a solo node was never an issue with the cold that I ever saw. I replaced a duo the other week cause of the older version having signal loss issues in the cold - solved the problem using the newer black dot version. Just keep in mind it was also in combination with certain LNB revisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)