Hopper and Home Media Server

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

onethree

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma
I currently have two HWS that can both see my audio and video library from XBMC. I have no trouble listening to audio through my Hopper but watching video is a different matter. All of my videos are MKV's but not all of them will stream through the Hopper. Does anybody have an idea why?

Try to download Kookaroo media server. free trial for 30 days and costs $20 if you like it and it works. It transfers files and will transcode to the DNLA your devise uses. For hopper it is mpeg 2, thou some mp4s work. I tried it and it worked. I transcoded for one hopper on the network and other hopper and joeys had access. worked good enough that I want to build a desktop built to the hilt and use it for home media server, and use an FTA card for the "Monitor" in the office area.

I've got a related question to this.... I've got some TV shows that are MPEG-4 Visual (XviD) (Packed Bitstream) (Advanced Simple@L5) (BVOP2) and MPEG Audio (MP3) (Version 1) (Layer 3) (Joint Stereo) that won't play on the Hopper. I'm using PLEX media server and they play fine on my ROKU using the Plex app as well as on my Panasonic (smart) TV through it's built-in media 'app'.

Doesn't the client just "display" what's fed to it (audio and video) and the media server does the hard work ? Seems that that's not the case from what I'm seeing.

I have tried many media servers and Mezzmo has worked the best for me with the Hopper. Includes a setting for the Hopper/Joey. I believe they have a 30 day trial also. Most of my files are MKV

-Mike