Hopper and joey training

A

allenmc_ SUI

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 6, 2012
17
0
I can't wait I start my hopper and Joey training Monday ! Has anyone else been through the training ?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
 
Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
15,555
9,929
Eastern Iowa
The only install training I have seen is the first week of march in Omaha which is over 5 hours away. Then there is sales training an hour away but it's 10 days after the product is released. Very poor training on this if you ask me. Luckily I come to this site for great info
 
navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
53,235
18,376
Northern VA
From the diagrams, it really looks like a pretty simple install. IF I one day move to the H/J, I will have wired up all my coax before the installer arrives, and accept his thanks for not having to climb into the far end of my attic!
 
Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
15,555
9,929
Eastern Iowa
For the most part the install should be very simple. What I'm not sure on is the process of getting it activated properly.
 
B

bcbarlow7737

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 19, 2012
72
0
Indiana
At my DNS office we've done a little of it. But only covering features we get into the meat and potatoes of it this week
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
 
Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
15,555
9,929
Eastern Iowa
bcbarlow7737 said:
At my DNS office we've done a little of it. But only covering features we get into the meat and potatoes of it this week
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

You excited?
 
navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
53,235
18,376
Northern VA
Maybe in the installer zone.
 
G

gtal98

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 31, 2012
107
0
United States
I haven't gotten to that part in training yet, but the gist of it given to me by my manager was you install and activate the Hopper pretty much the same as any other receiver. And only once it's fully activated can you plug in and power up the Joeys. Since they have no tuners in them, they are completely reliant on the Hopper being active and telling them that it's OK to operate. Each Joey has a R & S number that's given at the same time as the Hoppers.
 
D

DishTech.Mark

Member
Feb 27, 2012
10
0
Marietta
At my home office in Marietta,GA, we started training about 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Tomorrow is our 3rd training day. I am pretty excited because if everything goes the way it seems then these installs will be quick and easy. i mean running 1 hopper and 3 Joey's off 1 line? Yes please. No more having 2 lines running around houses or 44 switches. Plus being able to put the HIC where the modem is connected to the same line as the Hopper and Joey sends signal to all 4 components, so much better then wifi adapter or Sling.
 
A

allenmc_ SUI

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 6, 2012
17
0
DishTech.Mark said:
At my home office in Marietta,GA, we started training about 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Tomorrow is our 3rd training day. I am pretty excited because if everything goes the way it seems then these installs will be quick and easy. i mean running 1 hopper and 3 Joey's off 1 line? Yes please. No more having 2 lines running around houses or 44 switches. Plus being able to put the HIC where the modem is connected to the same line as the Hopper and Joey sends signal to all 4 components, so much better then wifi adapter or Sling.

I just got my first batch of h/j on my truck Friday can't wait to install my first have u done one yet and have u had any trouble from it
 
B

bcbarlow7737

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 19, 2012
72
0
Indiana
I did a 1h/3j upgrade yesterday. Install was straightforward, getting it activated with the home office not so much. But got it taken care off. I know a few people that have had 2h jobs but haven't had a chance to see how that went
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
 
stimpson

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Oct 2, 2006
4,701
46
Benton, Arkansas
bcbarlow7737 said:
I did a 1h/3j upgrade yesterday. Install was straightforward, getting it activated with the home office not so much. But got it taken care off. I know a few people that have had 2h jobs but haven't had a chance to see how that went
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

2h/2j installed yesterday. At no fault to them, they were very uneducated/misinformed on the new system. Because of all the diagrams, notes, and the knowledge of all the great folks here at SatGuys, I was prepared. Together we got through it. We had to change an LNB, dig a trench, make a run from the 129 wing dish install a DPP33, install Duo node, and reroute a bunch of runs under my house. Got the Hoppers up and running after factory resets. Then the Joeys. About 4 hours total. So far we are very very pleased with the new system. And to think, they are only going to make it better. I hope. ;)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
 

Similar threads

W
Replies
2
Views
5K
Scott Greczkowski
Scott Greczkowski
R
Replies
10
Views
4K
MikeD-C05
MikeD-C05
F
Replies
3
Views
863
stimpson
stimpson
D
Replies
8
Views
1K
Scherrman
Scherrman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top