Hopper and joey training

allenmc_ SUI

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I can't wait I start my hopper and Joey training Monday ! Has anyone else been through the training ?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The only install training I have seen is the first week of march in Omaha which is over 5 hours away. Then there is sales training an hour away but it's 10 days after the product is released. Very poor training on this if you ask me. Luckily I come to this site for great info

From the diagrams, it really looks like a pretty simple install. IF I one day move to the H/J, I will have wired up all my coax before the installer arrives, and accept his thanks for not having to climb into the far end of my attic!

For the most part the install should be very simple. What I'm not sure on is the process of getting it activated properly.

At my DNS office we've done a little of it. But only covering features we get into the meat and potatoes of it this week
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

bcbarlow7737 said:
At my DNS office we've done a little of it. But only covering features we get into the meat and potatoes of it this week

You excited?

I haven't gotten to that part in training yet, but the gist of it given to me by my manager was you install and activate the Hopper pretty much the same as any other receiver. And only once it's fully activated can you plug in and power up the Joeys. Since they have no tuners in them, they are completely reliant on the Hopper being active and telling them that it's OK to operate. Each Joey has a R & S number that's given at the same time as the Hoppers.

At my home office in Marietta,GA, we started training about 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Tomorrow is our 3rd training day. I am pretty excited because if everything goes the way it seems then these installs will be quick and easy. i mean running 1 hopper and 3 Joey's off 1 line? Yes please. No more having 2 lines running around houses or 44 switches. Plus being able to put the HIC where the modem is connected to the same line as the Hopper and Joey sends signal to all 4 components, so much better then wifi adapter or Sling.

DishTech.Mark said:
At my home office in Marietta,GA, we started training about 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Tomorrow is our 3rd training day. I am pretty excited because if everything goes the way it seems then these installs will be quick and easy. i mean running 1 hopper and 3 Joey's off 1 line? Yes please. No more having 2 lines running around houses or 44 switches. Plus being able to put the HIC where the modem is connected to the same line as the Hopper and Joey sends signal to all 4 components, so much better then wifi adapter or Sling.

I just got my first batch of h/j on my truck Friday can't wait to install my first have u done one yet and have u had any trouble from it

I did a 1h/3j upgrade yesterday. Install was straightforward, getting it activated with the home office not so much. But got it taken care off. I know a few people that have had 2h jobs but haven't had a chance to see how that went

bcbarlow7737 said:
I did a 1h/3j upgrade yesterday. Install was straightforward, getting it activated with the home office not so much. But got it taken care off. I know a few people that have had 2h jobs but haven't had a chance to see how that went

2h/2j installed yesterday. At no fault to them, they were very uneducated/misinformed on the new system. Because of all the diagrams, notes, and the knowledge of all the great folks here at SatGuys, I was prepared. Together we got through it. We had to change an LNB, dig a trench, make a run from the 129 wing dish install a DPP33, install Duo node, and reroute a bunch of runs under my house. Got the Hoppers up and running after factory resets. Then the Joeys. About 4 hours total. So far we are very very pleased with the new system. And to think, they are only going to make it better. I hope. ;)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys