Hopper And Joey Wiring Diagrams

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Starting a new thread now that there are easier to understand Dish pdf files.....

The first training document uploaded has most of the basics along with some wiring diagrams. The second job aid pdf has a nice overview as well as some different wiring setups.

I believe the current uploads are the easiest to understand for customers who might want to know beforehand how this will be wired.

As a caution, most customers should ignore any wiring diagrams that show VIP equipment. Dish is not allowing customers to have mixed equipment. If you want Hopper/Joey, you'll have to give up your old receivers that are on the same account.

Attachments

• Hopper Training Guide.pdf
    12.1 MB · Views: 24,563
  • HopperJoeySystem_JobAid.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 25,979
Last edited:
The documents in the main post were sourced from the Dish training site: Dish Tech Portal

if you want even more documentation and videos, the real techs will want to go there. Just click Weekly Training and 2012

Again the purposes of this thread was more to help customers who were confused about wiring. There were a lot of misunderstandings of how this will be wired between the hoppers and joeys. (Obviously some customers will want to know in detail how the wiring will needed to be changed or run.)

Joe Satellite Fan said:
I'm continuing to be confused when it shows a system with a VIP receiver (tailgater). Why is this shown when they continue to say this is not possible? I don't get it.

You could own a Tailgater on a separate account, and plug in that ViP211 series DVR in to your dish at home. Also, a renter with a ViP receiver could share the dish with you and your Hopper system. I know if I rented out my downstairs I would not allow the renter to put up an additional dish.

I'm continuing to be confused when it shows a system with a VIP receiver (tailgater). Why is this shown when they continue to say this is not possible? I don't get it.

Because it is only suppose to be for installers to know. There are cases where it may be needed like Navy said.

They're not saying it isn't possible. They're saying is isn't allowed without having multiple accounts.

The documents in the main post were sourced from the Dish training site: Dish Tech Portal

if you want even more documentation and videos, the real techs will want to go there. Just click Weekly Training and 2012

Again the purposes of this thread was more to help customers who were confused about wiring. There were a lot of misunderstandings of how this will be wired between the hoppers and joeys. (Obviously some customers will want to know in detail how the wiring will needed to be changed or run.)

I would like to view the Dish Tech Portal but it needs a password. How can I join? I would like to view a three Hopper / two Joey wiring setup.

Had a Dish1000+ setup with a 722k and 612. With these available schematics, was able to seamlessly configure/install a 2 Hopper and 1 Joey setup last night. Premise wiring and infrastructure was already in place. This was for all intent, a plug-n-play install! Thanks Folks!!

Best Regards,

James

The jobaid and this thread or one of the other similar threads with the attachments should be a sticky.

You could own a Tailgater on a separate account, and plug in that ViP211 series DVR in to your dish at home. Also, a renter with a ViP receiver could share the dish with you and your Hopper system. I know if I rented out my downstairs I would not allow the renter to put up an additional dish.

So it's not a 'technical' limitation... It's Dish refusing to setup something like this on the same account?

So it's not a 'technical' limitation... It's Dish refusing to setup something like this on the same account?

It's mostly to avoid confusion. If a customer with a mixed setup called Dish with a problem it could make it extremely hard to troubleshoot.